Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give me a satisfactory answer WHY we killed Udai and Kusai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That second quote isn't any kind of a question Plato. In fact, Rah was backing you up. Your point is what?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The whole thing is rather suspicious if you ask me. Something is just not right but I can't put my finger on it.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

The timing, perhabs.
        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I would guess that the troops on the ground did not know exactly who was in the building at the time of the incident... all they knew was that VIPs were in the building, not that it was Saddam's sons.

Probably when they found out, they started shooting in earnest.

As to why they had to die... they were the natural successors to Saddam. With them gone, he has no successor - so even if he isn't captured, his regime will die with him.

Had Saddam been killed/captured and his sons were not... much worse situation in my opinion.

Apparaently Baghdad isn't sad to see them go - so why should we be?
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Re: Can anyone give me a satisfactory answer WHY we killed Udai and Kusai?

Can you give us a satisfactory reason why you need to create another thread when there is one already out there on this topic with far more posts. WHY ARE YOU SO SPECIAL.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
              That second quote isn't any kind of a question Plato. In fact, Rah was backing you up. Your point is what?
              I was responding to Vesayen actually.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Well I suppose what rah says makes sense. I guess they wouldn't choose a place that is easy to just circle around and all that. Besides, only reasonable other option would be gas the place. They wouldn't come out alive anyway, and in case they noticed theres gas, I suppose they had gasmasks anyway. And if not, they would have either killed themselves, or come out guns blazing. So maybe some kind of anesthetic gas could have been used, IF it was available there and all other things considered.. maybe sieging was not an option this time.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
                  I was responding to Vesayen actually.
                  I have him on ignore, thus my confusion. My apologies.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Why did we kill them? The answer is actually rather simple: They were evil and must be destroyed. Plus it saves time rather than wasteing money on a trial.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Why did we kill them? - They were trying to kill us.

Continuing to try and capture them would of put more of our troops at risk, not reduce the risk as some morons in the media would have you believe.

We would of loved to hav put them on trial, but we are just as happy to kill the motherf'ers...

To the US Armed Forces
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I was wondering how long it would be before the Lima Delta's crawled out of the woodwork to whine about why we killed a couple of mass murderers, torturers and all around thugs who decided to hole up and fight it out.

Yes, we should have ****ed around for days or weeks and inspired their followers to go on a rampage of sniping us and little chicken**** attacks, just so some goddamned pansies don't get their panties in a bunch because we hurt the poor little dears.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Well put MtG!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Of course, we are occupying a country after fighting an aggressive war against the country (for the record, with little international support, not that I think that's all that relevant). So why shouldn't they snipe at US troops? I'm sure you'd do the same if someone was occupying the US.
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wait - isn´t there a way to blame France for it?
                              Blah

Comment

There could have been underground tunnels that would have allowed Uday and Qusay to escape. Also, the more time went by, the more likely Uday and Qusay could have destroyed any documents. If they had destroyed documents and committed suicide, then we would have had nothing.
                                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                                X