No announcement yet.

What do you talk with people about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha thats damn true... it's ironic how there's these two opposing stereotypes of hispanic men... that they're somehow both macho wife beaters and also silk-wearing, dancing fruits at the same time

now that i think of it, it is damn stupid... lol. where did people come up with these stereotypes?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
      haha thats damn true... it's ironic how there's these two opposing stereotypes of hispanic men... that they're somehow both macho wife beaters and also silk-wearing, dancing fruits at the same time
      You know we haven't treated women well at all in the past...

now that i think of it, it is damn stupid... lol. where did people come up with these stereotypes?
      Stereotypes sucks..

Well for me it is fine as I really am gay.. but I get called "***" all the time.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Sports mostly, there's very little else that is worth the breath.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I can talk about just anything. From philosophy to politics and economics to hard sciences to current events to cooking to pets.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Economics AND cooking pets? Ew!

What's the maximum age of the universe in terms of the Hubble constant?
            -30-

Comment

we spend our time *****ing about king, church and fatherland, moroccan scum and islam
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Well... mainly music. I'm in a band and write reviews for a local bands website and a local music mag so a lot of the times I'm out I'm meeting musicians or music fans.

Also beer, sport, girls, books, films, science and philosophy (generally when stoned, eg. What would happen if a boy was born completely devoid of friction).

It's amazing how many people find out I have an astro degree and start asking me about stuff to do with it. Hard to say, actually I spent most of my time in the pub and I'm still not sure how I passed...
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Women, music, sport (mainly football)...err.

God I sound really shallow don't I?

Oh and taking taking the p1ss out of each other

Comment

Science, Politics, Computer, Women. TV and Family mostly

to some people I know also about Motorbikes and Militaria
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

computers, not so often girls. none of us can afford the computers we want, but the're closer to our reality than cars. politics and foreign affairs are common. as are random academic ponderings.

nothing about fashion. nothing

albert, you do realize that just because some of us don't live in the hood doesn't mean we're rich, or upper middle class, or have a fah-byoo-lus lifestyle.
                      B♭3

Comment

Sports (mainly our own, as the guys I hang with are the people in my crew), girls, social plans, bits of politics and that sort of thing.

Comment

girls music tv philosophy future plans... everything really. With the better friends I talk about the deeper issues.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I don't talk with people unless feeling suicidal... sometimes I talk to people when ordering a "Double Cheeseburger without mustard or cucumber, a Sprite with that, I eat here, thanks"
                            får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Rational exchange of opinions with my friends is imposible, they're either stupid or opinionated or both. I'd say music, but mostly that involves sitting silently listening to music, and exchanging grins when the good bit starts. I'd say cars, but certain people's obsession therewith has made all conversation a bore. I'd say girls, but then people start *****ing and being all micropolitical and I can't be arsed.

So mostly we talk sh!t and quote TV shows, try to be funny, revel in the cross-pollination of shared cultural backgrounds, and come up with more bizarre and random ideas for our film.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Curse you guys for interrupting that bonding session between Speer and Fez.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X