No announcement yet.

State Releases Convict By Mistake And Three People Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there is a point to that post. The above article said he would be released eventually. You can't hold drug offenders forever. He would have killed his family eventually. You could make the argument that his anger would die down after a few years. But I doubt it. He was in prison after all. He had plenty of time for his anger to die down, it didn't. If anything, his anger increased while he was in prison.
    True, it may have been inevitable that he would kill his family if released... but in cases like this, there isn't really an alternative.

Unless we start giving the DP automatically to all drug convicts and other petty criminals... But don't get any ideas!
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

If every crime was punishable by death, we would not have a problem. Surely no one is completely innocent, so once they're arrested they're probably guilty of many things warranting death in the first place.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

poor family. an "oops, my bad" won't cut it from the state.

the good thing about a rampant death penalty is that we'd slowly but surely bring our population down.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by trickey
          The death penalty is just sanctioned murder.
          This is an oxymoron... murder is by definition "illegal killing". Thus we have "legal illegal killing"?

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

cant he be held on conspiracy or something. it says he wrote threatening letter to his family.

We couldn't go around violating his rights to threaten to kill his family now can we. The authorities should have been monitering his exchanges with is family once they were told he was making threats. That should in turn have been used against any move on his part to secure parole. Then again all that is meaningless when they just let the bastard out. As far as I'm concerned the authorites are accessories to those three murders.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              There you have it.
              A perfect illustration for the need of the death penalty.
              Yeah, great reason to have the death penalty, because the legal system is a mess and capable of making huge mistakes.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Unfortunately (and fortunately) it is illegal to monitor the mail in the United States.

Comment

IIRC snail mail is subject to search in prisions. That's how it used to be anyway.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

IIRC it's not

Comment

Looks like incomming mail is opened but not out going. I guess the convict has more rights then the people that write them.

Comment

as far as Im concerned a prisoner should lose thier constitutional rights while in prison. Im not saying that they should be mistreated, just that the authorities should be able to have much greater control over them than the constitutional limits allow.

Comment

Unfortunately, that's unconsitutional

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                            Two wrongs dont make it right.
                            3 do,however.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                            X