How To Run Two Monitors On One Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Run Two Monitors On One Computer

Ok I have done this before with ease, but when I did, I had two graphic cards.

This time, I have a GeForce2 graphic card in one slot, but I have a SavagePro8 installed on the motherboard, so I can plug two monitors in, I just can't seem to set it up so that I can run two monitors!

Any Help!?
    be free

At work I just use a Radeon 7000 with HydraVision.

The card has a DVI and VGA output, so I got a DVI->VGA adapter and hooked up two VGAs. Voila.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

DVI?
      be free

Comment

The digital hookup for LCDs.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ok, put it this way, I don't really care about having two monitors, I just want to know if I can use what I have got to do what I want to do. If I can't, then I don't care.
          be free

Comment

With integrated graphics you generally can't do what you're trying to do. I don't know of any motherboards that will let you run the integrated graphics and the AGP slot at the same time. It may be different if your GeForce 2 is PCI, but only if you do have an AGP slot and aren't using it.

Wraith
            If it were easy to understand, we wouldn't call it code.

Comment

So is there really any reason you need two monitors?

Comment

Asher, how much did the DVI to VGA adapter cost? I've been thinking about getting one, but the cheapest I can find it here is $45. That's waaaay to much for a stupid wire.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

--"So is there really any reason you need two monitors?"

There can be. Web design work, for instance, so you can see the finished product in one screen and work on it in the other. Design or graphics work on wide images. Stuff like that.

And there's always running a movie while surfing the internet ^_^

--"Asher, how much did the DVI to VGA adapter cost? "

Wasn't directed at me, but I wouldn't expect them to cost very much. I just got a new graphics card (specifically for the DVI. Makes a difference) and it came with one. So if you're getting a new card, just check the packaging and make sure one's included.

Wraith
                  Reality Sector Visitor Badge #9572

Comment

/me checks Radeon 9500 box

Hey, I have the adapter... but I don't have a second screen (yet). =)

Comment

--"Asher, how much did the DVI to VGA adapter cost? "

Wasn't directed at me, but I wouldn't expect them to cost very much. I just got a new graphics card (specifically for the DVI. Makes a difference) and it came with one. So if you're getting a new card, just check the packaging and make sure one's included.
                      I'm not getting a new card, I already have a GF4 Ti4200. The card has VGA, SVideo, and DVI output but did not come with an adapter. Again, the cheapest I can find an adapter here is $45. Soooo, did anyone find one for cheaper that wasn't out of the box their card came in?
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Do you have friends who may have received one with their new video card, but aren't using the adapter?

Comment

good idea Zop... I should check that

dunno why I didn't think of that

Comment

What do you mean $45???
                            cIV list: cheats
                            Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                            X