Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you take people who call MicroSoft "M$" seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you take people who call MicroSoft "M$" seriously?

'tis simple. It is a poll, it is a statement, and if people vote that the statement is valid, you know what's wrong.
    Yes
    29.55%
    No
    52.27%
    The only people I take seriously are those who call MS Bananasoft
    18.18%
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

No because they stop objectivley evauluating Microsoft for both its weaknesses AND strenghts.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not really.

I don't really take people who called Infogrames "Infogreed" seriously either. That isn't because I don't agree with the general sentiment, but think that expressing it in that way is childish, dumb and not in the least bit original or amusing.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Yes 0
        No 3

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          Not really.

I don't really take people who called Infogrames "Infogreed" seriously either. That isn't because I don't agree with the general sentiment, but think that expressing it in that way is childish, dumb and not in the least bit original or amusing.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

A technician here has the initials M.S., which he often writes as M$.

Yes, it is annoying.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Not really. Just childish left-wingers who don't understand incentives.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                Not really.

This should be no problem anymore, as Infogreed now is Atari
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Microsoft is good, it should just stop making operating systems, then I'll be happy!
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Why not? I don't have a problem with people using M$ as they are a damn good example of another greedy corporation. Not as if that adjective really differentiates them from any other corporation such as Di$ney or $hell
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What's the origin of the word Bananasoft?
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

No, because it reveals the speaker as completely unobjective, one who isn't going to listen to the other side regardless. It's like if I kept on referring to "Snotnose Harrison" or "Urban Manger" in an attempt to prove some sort of point.

Comment

I don't usually participate in computer-related discussions (probably why I choose "Yes") but I'd rather judge them based on what they say rather than what they call it.

Then again, I will give you that a post titled "M$ sux0rz" is more likely to be followed up with "WHU AGRES WITH ME!!1" than, say, "Microsoft is a competition-strangling business"
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Why not? I don't have a problem with people using M$ as they are a damn good example of another greedy corporation. Not as if that adjective really differentiates them from any other corporation such as Di$ney or $hell
                            "Just childish left-wingers who don't understand incentives..."
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's

"Just childish left-wingers who don't understand incentives..."
                              You're very boring
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X