Clear All

Tokyo is the promised land, heretic!
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Tokyo always gets destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        I would love to see this maggot.
        In person? I'd be satisfied with pictures, thank you!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

So, like those sandmaggots from Diablo II?
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Hey, we had to sneak the hell out on a boat in the middle of the night, and its name wasn't the Love Boat.

I resent being called creatures. We prefer 'genetically-enhanced' (as oppsed to 'retarded', which is what they told me I was since I didn't speak English as a 1st language).
            -30-

Comment

I think this line says it all:
              He said the creatures, one to two miles in the distance, appeared only as white or black spots
              Never underestimate the gullibility/superstitousness of Chinese, even educated ones in big cities.

On a related note, there was another - and much more credible - sighting of China's sasquatch recently:
              CNN.com
              June 30, 2003
              BEIJING, China -- Chinese authorities are investigating several apparent sightings of a legendary 'ape-like' beast at a nature reserve in the central Hubei province.

The mythical creature, suspected by locals to be a 'Bigfoot', was apparently seen by six people, including a journalist in the Shennongjia Nature reserve on Sunday afternoon, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

Local legend has it that the reserve is home to the half-man, half-ape creature but several high-profile searches in the past three decades have failed to find any evidence of its existence.

Speculation the 'Bigfoot' could be a descendant of apes mounted after China's state media reported several years ago that scientist had found fossilized teeth of giant primates in the area.

The latest sighting described the creature as a grayish ape-like animal, the Xinhua report said, about 1.65-meters tall with shoulder length black hair. A vehicle carrying the journalist and five others was making a turn when the occupants saw the creature moving fast across the road, the Xinhua report said.

By the time the vehicle had stopped, the animal had disappeared. The passengers found several 30 centimeter-long (12 inches) footprints and newly broken branches in the jungle near the road, the report said. They also claimed to have discovered a three-meter-long (9.9 feet) patch of "foul smelling urine-like liquid" on the road where the creature was seen.

While some scientists theorize the creature could be the missing link between primates and humans, other hypotheses say it may be a bear, monkey or an elaborate hoax.

Actually, the line "but several high-profile searches in the past three decades have failed to find any evidence of its existence" is incorrect. A previous gov't expedition found hundreds of footrpints, as well as hair and feces unattributable to known wildlife in that area.
              Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

A police sketch of the monster assailant...

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                  Tokyo always gets destroyed.
                  Ya, but it's their fault. You think after the second time, they'd stop the nuclear testing that keeps waking Godzira up.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Bah, if this were Japan, there'd be pictures.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If nuclear testing is what gets Godzira up and going, the USA needs to hire him as a weapons inspector!

No Godzira attack? Oh, North Korea must not have the bomb then!
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

North Korea snaps back to W. W looks for the pass...

INTERCEPTION!! Canada comes in for the qb sneak!

Oh the HUMANITY! In the last few seconds of the championship game, CANADA WINS!!

Brought to you by the letters F and U, the number 007, and from the island of Madagascar!
                        -30-

Comment

sounds more like tremors to me, rather than gojira.

where's kevin bacon?
                          B♭3

Comment

Working...
                          X