I beat you fair and square!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat you fair and square!

Earlier tonight, I had a pizza dinner at a friend's house. Then we played chess, then watched some television.

We only played one game -- usually he beats me, but THIS time, I whupped his ass.

I think he tried to belittle my victory by saying, "Oh, I made a couple of mistakes earlier."

Like he was implying -- you only won because I f*cked up, not because you're good.

Well guess what -- I beat ya fair and square!

** end of rant **
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Berlin Defense pwnz.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
      Berlin Defense pwnz.

Comment

why don't you tell him that instead of us?
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

It's a variant of the Ruy Lopez I employ.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
            why don't you tell him that instead of us?
            Do you take everything seriously -- I am exaggerating my reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
              It's a variant of the Ruy Lopez I employ.

Comment

It's a closed, neo-classical style strategy, used by Chess greats such as Capablanca.

Comment

Sicilian defence is all i ever use but it's very susceptible to an early attack so i usually either lose in the first five minutes or go on for an hour or two
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Just *****slap him call him your hoar and make him clean your house. That is how a real winner acts towards his vanquished foes.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Psychology: He usually wins and therefore he believes that you will respect him less if he loses. He lost, so he is trying to "defend" himself to keep your respect.

Possibly.
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

oooh, Alb's a chess wiz. I used to play Sicillian too, it is actually one of my favorites, but my only problem is that almost everyone plays it these days.

Comment

He just wanted to initiate some make-up sex later, that's all.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

not really monkspider... just i used to play with these two boys and i got determined to beat them so i learned a lot. one of them was a real bad winner though so i only played with him a few times and lost (you got to see this man play basketball or run track... and he's even worse of a bad winner in chess)
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                              He just wanted to initiate some make-up sex later, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X