No announcement yet.

Olives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea, Fez. I've just had olives from Spain, where ever that is.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Granada is the Southern Province in Spain. It depends on the region. The ones from the North are okay but not great.. the ones from the South are the ones that are best.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I know where Grenada is. I just don't know where the olives are from.

Almost bought some serrano ham but I couldn't find any manchuego to go with it, so I bought prociutto and fontinella. Itallian grilled ham and cheese.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well I am Italian descended, so I also got loyalty to Italian products aswell.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Half dago and half dago.

Comment

I love olives but I've never eaten them by themselves.

They are really really healthy.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Succulent, toothsome olives... on their own, or with herbs, in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, stuffed with preserved lemon, or anchovies, with blanched almonds, or artichoke paste.

A salad is incomplete without them. Australia has a flourishing olive growing industry, and here in Melbourne one can get Spanish, Italian, Greek Turkish and North African prepared olives. I like them especially in tagine style dishes, or with crumbly goat's cheese, or before having some bread and cream cheese and quince paste.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Olives, yep, I often use them.

The Best Olives I ever had were from Spain.
                  Canned Olives with anchovies in them, to be used as Tapas.

They were just great. Too bad I haven´t found a shop which imports them from Spain
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I live in one of the olive-countries. what do you think?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Two words: Corning, California

(The Olive Capital of the USA)

Oh, and yes, I too likes my olives.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I don't know the difference between any olives, I haven't been eating them long enough to know there was a difference (aside from colour). They can be really great on certain things (pizza toppings, for example) but are too strong for my tastes alone. I do know someone who eats them like candy, though.
                        Last edited by General Ludd; July 19, 2003, 08:31.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I personally am a fan of the larger green ones, epsecially marinaded in oil, spices and garlic (jsut don't go on a date afterwards ).

Comment

Blerg, replied instead of edited.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Never tried a California olive - guess they can't compete economically against the closer EU varieties.

Used to be a strictly green olive guy, but over the past few years have enjoyed the black ones too.

I honestly couldn't tell by taste where an olive comes from - pretty sure most of my consumption comes from Greece & Turkey, with maybe a few Italian for variety.

@Fez; it wouldn't surprise me at all if Spanish olives are superior. Very often countries only export what they can't sell at home - so if I haven't seen any, they must be good!
                              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Olives are awesome, especially when resting at the bottom of my martini glass.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X