No announcement yet.

Linux Servers Switch to Windows 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next version will be 2006 Server Windows.

Windows 2000 Server -> Windows Server 2003 -> 2006 Windows Server
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The day that the world is ruled by Unix will be the day that all of you stop .

I am sick and tired of some people's sense of humor on Apolyton these days. All they do is at putting anything or anyone down. That is soooo childish! I think even Ming would agree with me.
      HAVE A DAY.
      <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

the gui is much cleaner and simpler in 2003 than it was in 2000.

and we're having a great time porting our nds structure into active directories.

the only thing is, we're unhappy with the media situation.

we ordered it two and a half weeks ago. we're an elementary school, and ordered 7 copies of server 2003 enterprise.
        we still have not received the licenses or the media... so right now we're starting to make the changeover using the evaluation versions, because we simply can't wait any longer...since school starts mid-august.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud9

I am sick and tired of some people's sense of humor on Apolyton these days. All they do is at putting anything or anyone down. That is soooo childish! I think even Ming would agree with me.
          Linux isn't UNIX

It's a COPYCAT of UNIX

UNIX =

Linux =
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The day that the world is ruled by Unix will be the day that all of you stop

under the banner of sco?
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Linux isn't UNIX

It's a COPYCAT of UNIX

UNIX =

Linux =
              The SCO says it's a Unix. It even has SCO Unix code in it!
              Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; July 18, 2003, 00:43.
              HAVE A DAY.
              "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
              For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

no no SCO also said it was a COPYCAT
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  no no SCO also said it was a COPYCAT
                  Yeah, copycatting SCO code.
                  HAVE A DAY.

Comment

aren't we splitting hairs?

in the end, the best servers for uptime are bsd, while for ease of use, it's win2k3.
                    B♭3

Comment

true

though win2k3 has improved tremendously in stability

depending on the app i'd take a windows server over linux

sql server is a solid app

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud9

I hope you enjoy your stay in my thread!

Please keep all hands, heads, and feet inside the vehicle at all time.

Forecast calls for excessive human dung flinging and a possible methane tornado.

(and for the record, you clearly don't understand what Unix/Linux is if you just said that...and it's always fun how you ignore all of the arguments that go against your rhetoric)

NOAH'S ARK IS REAL! Never forget.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                        X