Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it just me or are people dying left and right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it just me or are people dying left and right?

maybe i never paid much attention to it but it seems that since Thurmond died, people have been dying left and right... that actress woman, that comedian, barry white, that guy in buena vista social club, that jazz guy, that celia cruz woman... and there's probably been a couple more famous people who died recently that i'm forgetting... do this many famous people usually die in the space of 2-3 weeks or is this a bit much like it seems?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I've been going around offing them for lack of anything worse to do.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

You mean Che and Fez are dying (left and right... oh never mind!)
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh dear, who will Che argue with if Fez is dead?
        Who will Fez argue with if Che is dead?
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Oh dear, who will Che argue with if Fez is dead?
          Who will Fez argue with if Che is dead?
          Apparently, it doesn't matter...
          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

It depends on if you thought people were living longer than they used to...

I mean, Thurmond was as old as Keith Richards looks. And we STILL can't get rid of **** Clark, Ed McMahon, or any of Metallica, Poison, or the Backstreet Boys.
            -30-

Comment

Which is amazing, considering the lifestyles we're talking about...
              "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
              "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                It depends on if you thought people were living longer than they used to...

I mean, Thurmond was as old as Keith Richards looks. And we STILL can't get rid of **** Clark, Ed McMahon, or any of Metallica, Poison, or the Backstreet Boys.
                I agree I think there are a lot of people still alive that need to die.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  I agree I think there are a lot of people still alive that need to die.
                  But that's the beauty of the system: eventually they will...
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

death is a part of life

Comment

Lots of famous people dying?

Lots of rich people dying.

Obviously the revolution of the proletariat is coming.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's just the right (or wrong, actually) time of the year...faceless hundreds die everyday.
                        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Make that thousands. Something like one every seven seconds.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

was the guy in buena vista social club rich?
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

He certainly wasn't poor though.
                              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Working...
                              X