Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone buy...

Diablo characters, aka "avatars"?

I hear they sell for 200+ bucks!!! Why the **** would anyone want to buy a character for more than thrice the cost of the original game? Are people really that insane?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Evidently some thing so.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the amazing thing is that they got cheating programs so you can make a maximized character real easy...
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That's not as amazing as people spending real money to get equivalent characters.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think he meant that the existence of cheating programs make it all the more amazing that somebody would spend money on a character.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I am currently selling text files with my name written in them for only 5 USD. Anyone want one?
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

Re: Why would anyone buy...

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
              Diablo characters, aka "avatars"?

I hear they sell for 200+ bucks!!! Why the **** would anyone want to buy a character for more than thrice the cost of the original game? Are people really that insane?
              link?

I know they used to sell SoJ's on e-bay for a buttload of money.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

pathetic.

I may be a geek, but I will never be as pathetic as that. I feel better about myself now

You can also sell credits to the online game Eve.

My brother was trying to sell about 10 million credits for $60. That's enough to pay for the game.

Comment

it's easy enough to just play the game and get a powerful character the normal way. i've beat the game through hell level with all 7 classes, they're ALL mid to upper 70's.

people are just idiots, that's all.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Connorkimbro:

i used to play Diablo too (although like two years after everybody else cause i got it from the bargain bin) and i had this one warrior guy who had real high strength and magic but almost no dexterity... was a complete waste cause everytime i went down to hell, i'd get hit by everything and couldnt outrun any missiles.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

oh wait no... i played the original Diablo I... is this thread about Diablo I or II?

Comment

And is this Diablo or Diablo2?

In diablo you can use a cheater to get any character you want.

diablo2 you can't do that on the closed battle.net.

And I don't have the patience to play hours and hours to get all those uber items. I don't know what I do wrong, but I never find any good items.

I would never pay for them of course. I have fun even without the best items.

Comment

A friend of a friend literally makes thousands of dollars selling special weapons in Diablo.

Amazing.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Doesn't anyone want to buy a text file with my name in it? I'll even lower the price to 2 USD.
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

sure, I'll PM ya

Comment

Working...
                              X