No announcement yet.

Asher.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... Tuners aren't necessarily the best approach, especially if your screen is more than 15" or so, since there is often a lot of interference from the other components of your computer.

You would be further ahead using a high-quality VCR as the tuner then feeding your computer with interlaced 480i video through s-video connection. Use the Prolink capture card without tuner ($42) for this approach.

Once you buy the card, use the application DScaler, which will turn interlaced video into progressive video suitable for display on your monitor.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

if you don't plan on spending that much money, by a sub-50 usd ati tv wonder ve card.

then, before you bother installing those damned ati drivers, go and download dscaler at http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net

especially if you have winxp. ati's drivers have always been crappy, but believe me, you'll never see a driver set crappier than the one they've put out for the tvwonder ve.

you don't need the drivers to use dscaler, since it works directly with the hardware.
      B♭3

Comment

Working...
      X