Haldex popup problem (Asher, help me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    did you look for recently created and modified files?

especially in internet folders and the like

also do you have any other utilities?? you can try and remove all 'extra' stuff that way

Jon Miller
    1. On the first, no. Ok, I will do that. But I have no clue what to delete. Do you really think I should start deleting stuff willy nilly? Not knowing what it is?

2. Only other utility I have is Norton antivirus. It shows no virus.

Comment

hmm

have you went to tool bar and checked to see if it changed your homepage?

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I checked the settings on Adaware. It already scans the registry. I'm doing another scan that includes IE favorites and archives. Don't hold out much luck for that.

Comment

go internet options

use default homepage
          clear internet files
          clear internet cookies
          clear internet history

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

does it open up as soon as you use internet explorer?

if so I bet it has sometihng to do with the setting on that

you can try uninstalling internet explorer and reinstalling it(make sure you have an install disck though (it doesn't need to be current, just enough to get online))

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              does it open up as soon as you use internet explorer?

if so I bet it has sometihng to do with the setting on that

you can try uninstalling internet explorer and reinstalling it(make sure you have an install disck though (it doesn't need to be current, just enough to get online))

Jon Miller
              1. Yes.

2. I can't follow advice as vague as reinstall IE. Asher gives me more step by step advice. Let me go see if I have an IE disk...

-------------------------

I ran a search of all the files changed in the last week. Not sure what that gains me. It is a lot of files.

Comment

did you try going to inetrnet options and deleting internet files, cookies, and cleaing history (and resetting the homepage)?

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Yes I did that. It did not fix the problem. Got it again when I opened up a webpage after restarting. Seemed not as bad this time. Just the pages, no popups. But I had disabled the messanger program before opening a page. Still would like to get rid of those pages and would like to make that little messanger icon not be in my little icon area.

Comment

hmmm

try the reinstall (of internet explorer)

(sorry, I am not as good as Asher and company)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

And once again it takes a EuroCommie to help the USsian...

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                        And once again it takes a EuroCommie to help the USsian...

http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml
                        I don't know what the hell that is. All I know is that there was a Gator popup when I went there.

Comment

...and still no sign of Asher. Pitiful.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                            Don't judge me. Give me pennecilin.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

BTW, a stupid temp Gator'd one of our computers at work. Is there an easy fix, or should I just save time and drop it off the roof now?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Get Spybot Search and Destroy it will get rid of all those things...
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X