Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just realized U.S. politics are JUST like U.S. highschools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized U.S. politics are JUST like U.S. highschools!

Look at the comparisons...........

No one ever knows what a person really thinks

No one remembers anything you say/do in a week, and bases their opinion of you on how you look(how you look literaly, or party).

If you cheat, you usually arent caught, and punishments are light(straight parallel).

The person with the most stuff is most popular.

No one really has any informed opinions.

Anyone think of more?

Rivals cannot be seen as good.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
      Rivals cannot be seen as good.
      Absolutely true. I can't stand the culture in DC sometimes. The problem is, if you compromise the opposition takes that as a sign of weakness and will never let you live it down. It's disgusting what goes on.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

what the hell? i dont think high schools here operate like your high school does
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

One more:

If someone doesn't like what you have to say, they will take away your right to say it, and if that fails, they will attribute the words to you and they 'burn' you in effigy.

Then they turn around and say, "See? I told you I was right."
          -30-

Comment

Re: I just realized U.S. politics are JUST like U.S. highschools!

Originally posted by Vesayen
            Look at the comparisons...........

No one ever knows what a person really thinks

No one remembers anything you say/do in a week, and bases their opinion of you on how you look(how you look literaly, or party).

If you cheat, you usually arent caught, and punishments are light(straight parallel).

The person with the most stuff is most popular.

No one really has any informed opinions.

Anyone think of more?
            Classrooms aren't as bad - One class won't annex another for it's oil.
            Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
            To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

And I clearly cannot choose the cup in front of me.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
              -30-

Comment

The easiest way to get ahead (of your peers) is to suck up

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                  One more:

If someone doesn't like what you have to say, they will take away your right to say it, and if that fails, they will attribute the words to you and they 'burn' you in effigy.

Then they turn around and say, "See? I told you I was right."
                  So true!

Comment

Has anyone here actually worked in the federal gov't? (for personal reference....)
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

nope
                      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                      XGalaga.

Comment

how is this like high school? seems like realist political thought to me: countries dealing with each other in an anarchic state:

One can never be certain what another nation's designs are

Historical grudges are often forgotten based on current balances of power (the soviets are our friends! no, the germans are our friends!)

States can frequently use power illegitimately or covertly, to destabilize rivals, and if they are caught, often reprisals are minor.

The state with the most power has the most lackeys.

Every state is rational, but they have little information to operate off of.

Rivals are intolerable.
                        B♭3

Comment

Working...
                        X