Reismark
    MRT144
    Berzerker
    Zero
    Sloth
    Jac de Molay
    monolith94 (with training wheels )
    Zopperoni

That's 12 people in total. Now if you ALL want in, confirm it (well MRT doesn't have to since he already did in this thread) by posting.... and commenting on the rules.

Thanks .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Confirmed, but I'd vote for picking defensive players too if we get a vote. But I'm a newbie to NFL fantasy and don't know if the reasons for or against make one method better than the other. Does that mean we all pick a team for our defense? That would seem to put people lower on the totem at a big dis-advantage, true? If I get to pick first and take TB and the last person to pick gets stuck with an average or mediocre defense, wouldn't that pretty much ruin their season?

Comment

Not really... because Defenses don't make nearly as many points as Offensive players. In usual drafts they are picked in the later rounds. The different in points between Tampa and Indianapolis, say, is very close compared to the difference between Payton Manning and Drew Brees.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm in, and I say teams, it's a lot harder to find an impact defensive player than defensive team.

Although, last year I did have Derrick Brooks....

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm in. And I don't care whether we go with team defense or individual players, as long as everyone's aware that if we do individual players, Simeon Rice is MINE. Don't mess with that boy this year - he'll KILL you.
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
              I'm in. And I don't care whether we go with team defense or individual players, as long as everyone's aware that if we do individual players, Simeon Rice is MINE. Don't mess with that boy this year - he'll KILL you.
              As long as you don't take DB.

ACK!

Comment

Oh no, Tuberski, DB is mine too.
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                  Oh no, Tuberski, DB is mine too.
                  Be that way about it and I'll take simeon Rice in the FIRST ROUND!!!!

ACK!

Comment

Not really... because Defenses don't make nearly as many points as Offensive players.
                    Ah, okay, so the points system is slanted toward offense. But I still bet the TB defense goes before any defense or offensive player.

Comment

Is sandbox a full pay site now?

count me in as usual.

Comment

can't you expand it over 12 teams?

This league filled up too fast

Comment

Confirmed. Either online or offline draft is fine by me.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Here is the rules:

[...]

Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench
                          Didn't we have more starters last season? I recall something like 2*QB, 2*WR, 2*RB, 1*TE, 2*WR/RB, 1*WR/TE, 1*K, and 3*Def. player.

Can we have something like that this season as well? Perhaps something like: 2*QB, 2*WR, 2*RB, 1*TE, 1*WR/RB, 1*WR/TE, 1*K, 1*DEF?

O, and collective or individual defense doesn't matter to me.

Comment

1-3-4-1-1??

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              That's 12 people in total. Now if you ALL want in, confirm it (well MRT doesn't have to since he already did in this thread) by posting.... and commenting on the rules.

Thanks .
                              Yeah, I'm in for sure. And I can't WAIT for football season because endless days of baseball ( ) and women's basketball is starting to give me ulcerative colitis.

Btw, I'm a newbie this year and couldn't find the "free" fantasy page on Yahoo yesterday. Can someone throw up a link or email me at beermaestro@yahoo.com to help me out??

thanks

"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Ah, okay, so the points system is slanted toward offense. But I still bet the TB defense goes before any defense or offensive player.

Go right ahead . I'll take Marshall Faulk or Ricky Williams right behind it .

can't you expand it over 12 teams?

Yeah... It ain't full yet. You can still make it if people don't confirm they are in, or if Ming gets mad at the setup and leaves the league .

Can we have something like that this season as well?

It depends. If we only have 10 teams, then sure... but with 12 and above, it becomes much harder... especially if a player gets injured, etc. With 10 teams you have 20 RBs, with 12 it's 24 RBs, with 14 its 28. You also need to have some RBs left over for backups.

Btw, I'm a newbie this year and couldn't find the "free" fantasy page on Yahoo yesterday.

I'll send the address to y'all once we're confirmed .

CONFIRMED:

Imran
                                Bezerker
                                Tuberski
                                Reismark
                                Zopperoni
                                Jac de Molay
                                MRT144
                                Dissident

The reason I'm having you confirming is to see how often you are here... it makes an offline draft MUCH easier if y'all are around.

Comment

Working...
                                X