Apolyton Fantasy Football!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ah, you and Guyenmer will have stuff to talk about. He's a Lions fan as well .

So who else wants in?

Here is the rules:

Start Scoring in Week: Week 1 (Sept 2-8)
      Maximum Number of Teams: 10
      Maximum Moves: No maximum
      Maximum Trades: No maximum
      Scoring Type: Head-to-Head League
      Waiver Time: 2
      Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
      Last Trade Date: November 14
      Trade Reject Time: 2 days
      Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
      Bye Points: Yes
      Fractional Points: No
      Negative Points: Yes

Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench

Statistical Categories (Offense):
      Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
      Passing Touchdowns (6)
      Interceptions (-2)
      Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
      Rushing Touchdowns (6)
      Receptions (1)
      Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
      Reception Touchdowns (6)
      Return Touchdowns (6)
      2 Point Conversions (2)
      Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers):
      Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
      Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
      Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
      Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
      Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
      Point After Attempt Made (1)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams):
      0 Pts Allowed (10)
      1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
      7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
      14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
      21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
      28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
      35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
      Sack (1)
      Interception (2)
      Fumble Recovery (2)
      Touchdown (6)
      Safety (2)
      Block Kick (2)
      Return Touchdowns (6)

--

Those are all default rules, except I added 'Offensive Receptions' and 'Defensive Return TDs' as points generating stats.

As for playoffs there are 4 different options:

1) Week 15 & 16 (4 teams & 4 consolation)
      2) Week 16 & 17 (4 teams & 4 consolation)
      3) Week 14, 15 & 16 (8 teams)
      4 Week 15, 16 & 17 (8 teams)

Now, the reason the weeks are different is because many choose not to play fantasy football in the last week of the season because many pro teams don't play their stars in those games.

As for 'consolation', in playoffs 1 & 2, there is a 4 team playoff for #1, then there is a 4 team consolation playoff (basically for #5). An 8 team playoff takes an extra week, but is for 8 teams vying for #1.

I took #1, playoffs not counting Week 17 and 4 team playoff with a consolation bracket.

Suggestions?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

nm
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

My football fantasies are not fit for publication. At least not here.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Why not go with individual players on defense instead of teams?
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Because individual players SUCK! Defensive teams are ALWAYS better!

Comment

Nothing is always.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well it is when I have to make a point .

Comment

Imran's right. It's easier to manage defense in teams than in players... unless, of course, all your defensive players are members of the WORLD CHAMPION Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

So you are telling me you'd rather have all Bucs defensive players, instead of the All-Pros of every other team? Even you aren't that dogmatic .

---

So does anyone have any other objections to the score keeping, playoff structure, etc, etc.?

Comment

I like the ideas.

Also, see how many leagues we can get, divided by the number of responses.

League #1-Response 1-10
                        #2 11-20

And so forth, or a random drawing of which league you'll be in.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'd do it, but I'd need training wheels.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

I'm in. At least for the Yahoo game, I don't know how the Sandbox game exactly works...

Comment

Picking team defenses is for wimps. It's much harder and takes more skill to put together a defense on your own. It also makes the draft more interesting.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well Ming, you seem to be the only one so far that wants to pick players .

Comment

Working...
                                X