No announcement yet.

linux tech help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Asher says POP3 doesn't work with Hotmail, you can safely believe him. So you're toast with your mail programs. Best solution is, scrap Hotmail at all. There are craploads of other free mail providers who support POP3, try to get one of those. Hell, I even have a free POP3-able account in Kirgistan (.kg addresses are kewl ), that for sure can't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      I'm not "in favor" of IE, I just find it faster, more compatible, and less bloaty.
      Faster in what? Rendering time or program load time?

Compatible with what? XHTML? CSS1 and CSS2? What?

Less bloaty than what? I download Mozilla at a bit over 10MB and it has built-in CJK processing. IE 6.x is far fatter than 10MB, and has no built-in CJK processing (probably doesn't know anything else such as Arabic or Hebrew without downloading huge files either).
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Faster in what? Rendering time or program load time?
        I honestly can't notice any difference in rendering time between the browsers, but IE loads significantly faster. And I open/close windows a lot.

Compatible with what? XHTML? CSS1 and CSS2? What?
        Real world websites.

Less bloaty than what? I download Mozilla at a bit over 10MB and it has built-in CJK processing. IE 6.x is far fatter than 10MB, and has no built-in CJK processing (probably doesn't know anything else such as Arabic or Hebrew without downloading huge files either).
        I don't care about filesize, my hard drive is big enough. I care about RAM usage.

And for the record, my IE6 supports Arabic (ASMO 708, DOS, Windows, ISO) and Hebrew (DOS, ISO-Logical, ISO-Visual, Windows). And I'm pretty sure I didn't download those.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

afaik, ie6 has built in cjk processing.

winxp allows cjk menus and dialogues as well...

otoh, ie5.5 and below did not have built in cjk processing. nor did office 2000 and below.

everything xp and above and ie6+ seems to have it built in.
          B♭3

Comment

Working...
          X