Morrowind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind

I think this is the first time I have ever ventured over here into the Dark Side known as OT....

I jsut recently discovered this game that is as addictive as crack. I was wondering, are either of the two expansions worth looking at?

I have 30+ hours in it already, and the friend I got the game from said that I am not even 10% of the way through. I am finding all sorts of cool little things. So, any advice or comments on this game is welcome.

GK
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Bloodmoon is pretty fun
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do a search in Other Games forum, quite some Morrowind there.

A great game... and the first expansion is definitely worth it. And you've only got 30 hours in it ? I must have several hundred by now .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Exchanged Rise of Nations for this game....Never looked back
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

BEST GAME EVAR!!1!!1

Don't waste your money on Bloodmoon- it adds some cool textures, but the campaign is pretty barren. Tribunal, on the other hand...
          cIV list: cheats
          Now watch this drive!

Comment

everyone loves this game. why can't I get into it?

I haven't given up on it. I'll finish this game someday...

Comment

Buggiest game ever.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                Buggiest game ever.
                ..not on my XBox

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

..not on my XBox
                  Not on my PC

Comment

not on my XBox
                    You have GOT to be kidding! I couldn't finish the game on my xbox because of the disk failing to read or the game freezing whenever I pulled out my map or inventory. I hear xbox is bringing the expansion disks to the console and it should have all the fixes in it. Until then I'll cry myself to sleep every night thinking about how I can't play this great game.

Comment

reds... Tass... you guys just must not have played it enough (I know for a fact you just started recently Tass). Just keep playing and eventually you will experience the hell caused by creature doubling. You can give yourself permanent stat increases and permanent summons with the soul trap bug. There are hundreds of dialogue problems. The weapon ranges are ridiculously screwed up (certain daggers having equal reach to certain spears, etc.). Important NPC's can and do fall through the floor never to be seen again making finishing the main quest impossible. And don't get me started on that Xbox Dirt Disc error. Releasing a game with a memory leak is ridiculous.

Sure, the game is good. But I stand by my statement. Buggiest game ever.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Bull... on my PC... where I've played over 100 hours, I've witnessed a bunch of bugs, but it is no where near other games (Civ3, Ultima 9, etc). Not even close to being the buggiest game ever.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There are bugs, but the worst are patched. For the rest... you can fix them via console, like NPCs disappearing through walls/ground.

Yes, it's still easy to exploit some of the stuff in the game, but it's not like you have to...
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

If there was a linux version I'd get it. Since there's not I'm reduced to stealing an xbox.(tiny flaccid will not get any money from me)
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              reds... Tass... you guys just must not have played it enough (I know for a fact you just started recently Tass). Just keep playing and eventually you will experience the hell caused by creature doubling. You can give yourself permanent stat increases and permanent summons with the soul trap bug. There are hundreds of dialogue problems. The weapon ranges are ridiculously screwed up (certain daggers having equal reach to certain spears, etc.). Important NPC's can and do fall through the floor never to be seen again making finishing the main quest impossible. And don't get me started on that Xbox Dirt Disc error. Releasing a game with a memory leak is ridiculous.

Sure, the game is good. But I stand by my statement. Buggiest game ever.
                              Fixme

Comment

Working...
                              X