No announcement yet.

Recommend a playstation 2 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my roommates had only 1 PS2 between us, and did fine playing lots of long single-player RPGs. You can only play so much at once, you know. During homework-light weeks, we'd just have the darn thing running 16 hours out of 24. That's two fanatics playing 6 hours of the latest RPG and the other squeezing in 4 hours himself.

During hectic work times, it's even easier to schedule- instead of just waiting for the other person to be done, you grab the empty TV and play.

Not to say that we didn't do multiplayer as well (hurray for Smash Brothers!), but they can coexist.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

yeah. the only rpg that i would not suggest for a shared console is Xenosaga, simply because the longest cutscene in that tops 45 minutes.

i still stand by dynasty warriors 4, because it's a very fun hack-and-slash action game set during the three kingdoms period in china. two players, to boot.
      B♭3

Comment

SSX Tricky. Great two player fun, and pretty cool to watch. (and cheap now, probably only 20 US dollars)

Comment

fifa 2003 or this is football 2003
          CSPA

Comment

The Summoner is a good one. An action rpg but it's not MP. For MP, Tekken Tag Team is a must.

Comment

virtua fighter 4 is an excellent fighting game.

i forgot about another fun and offbeat one:
              guilty gear x-2. (not to be confused with final fantasy x-2)
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                fifa 2003 or this is football 2003
                Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is much better than them.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Second MikeH.

GTA III : Vice City was above average in PC, so I'd guess it's fairly good in PS2, too (wasn't it originally made to console, anyway?)

SSX Tricky. Great two player fun, and pretty cool to watch. (and cheap now, probably only 20 US dollars)
                  SSX, the snowboarding game which was one of the first games for PS2? I've heard that it was the best game during the few first months after the release of PS2, but never tried it.

I'd go with GTA3, if you want to buy just one game.

Comment

Working...
                  X