New HDI Rankings; Canada Apparently Sucks Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it does.
    so Bill Gates' 12 Lambourginis translates into a higher quality of life for me? Explain.
    Compare populations as well.
    Yes, this also works in our favor. Compare population densities.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava: not for you, but average, yes.

Duh. It's an average.

Comment

so Bill Gates' 12 Lambourginis translates into a higher quality of life for me? Explain.

How about instead, Bill Gates new, big house (more work for construction companies and electrical engineers, etc.) or expanded buisness (creation of more jobs).

Being rich and productive makes everyone better off. Being more productive decreases the prices of goods so more can afford them.

Yes, this also works in our favor. Compare population densities.

A greater population density is easier to serve. They are all concentrated, meaning you don't have to build everywhere (can leave it as forest, etc).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Duh. It's an average.
          an average... but not an effective indicator of the vast majority of Americans...

for instance...

South Carolina Geography majors are projected to have a significantly higher salary than their national counterparts. The reason? Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Outliers generally screw up averages. You think MJ's success has any bearing on the general success of SC geography majors?

Being rich and productive makes everyone better off. Being more productive decreases the prices of goods so more can afford them.
          only if you have MORE PEOPLE that are rich... consolidating wealth in a smaller number of people HURTS the standard of living for everyone else.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

consolidating wealth in a smaller number of people HURTS the standard of living for everyone else.

Not if the rest have a decent amount of money themselves. If you take out the top 1% of the US wage earners, you end up with a per capita income right there with other 1st world countries. It ain't the top, but it's right in the pack of other 'civilized' country.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It's actually extremely difficult to get citizenship there.
              Huh, ATM they are paying and giving away free land to Belgians and the Dutch to come over there.

Picky..., maybe.. difficult...nah...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It ain't the top, but it's right in the pack of other 'civilized' country.
                That's all I propose... take out the top 1% and then measure. I know the quality of life for the rich... I watch MTV Cribs... I want to know how WORKING America is doing.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Being more productive decreases the prices of goods so more can afford them.
                  No it doesn't, it depends on the market.

Clearly, price of various versions of Windows hasn't been going down.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    consolidating wealth in a smaller number of people HURTS the standard of living for everyone else.

Not if the rest have a decent amount of money themselves. If you take out the top 1% of the US wage earners, you end up with a per capita income right there with other 1st world countries. It ain't the top, but it's right in the pack of other 'civilized' country.
                    You sure? I don't have the numbers but that doesn't look right.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X