• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    orange juice earlier.

okay this was just a flimsy excuse to ask if anyone likes my new avatar
    I still prefer the Pip Boy
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

beer, milk, water, pineapple juice
      CSPA

Comment

You know, I've always been quite partial to Fruit Punch flavoured Gatorade. I have no idea why. I don't care much for sodas, especially since they're free at work, and you end up drinking enough of them to get that horrible film on the backs of your teeth.

I got really, really drunk once in college. It only takes once to learn you that you really ought to take most things in moderation. That was the last thing I learned in college before permanently dropping out.

See, if you think for yourself, you don't need someone else to give you a TLA (either 2 OR 3) to tell you that you're clever - you should already know that if it happens to be true.

Took me 25 years to figure it out. Glad it happened, though. They say that everyone has a mid-life crisis. I'm pretty sure that's where I am now, and I'll tell you something: it's incredibly painful. Every time I look in a mirror I see the reflexions of all the horrible things I've ever done, and they remind me why I should hate myself.

(I have an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one. -MrOgre)

Now I'm just plain tired. If one of you would be so kind as to swing by and bump me off, I'd be greatly appreciative. Just make sure it's quick and painless, because if I wanted lengthy and painful, I'd do it myself (and believe me, it's a lot harder than you'd think).

'I'd like a syringe of your finest lithium chloride, please.' -
        from the unpublished notes of Zaphod Beeblebrox.
        -30-

Comment

hmm

I lost my post

I was going to say that it sounds as if you are going through a hard time

I know that if I didn't ahve sucha bad memory, I wouldn't be able to face myself in the mirror either

I would recommend leaving what you are doing, going somewhere peaceful and just being (don't think about anything, don't do anything, just relax)

do this on a mountain top or somewhere away from people

religion can also help

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

St_Swithin's top [10] array:

0) Argue not about the cards you are dealt in Texas Hold'em, or in life.

1) All 5 senses are useless without belief to hold them together.

2) Moore's Law only applies while the limits of materials sciences have not yet been reached.

3) Do unto others - i.e. if you're a Jehovah's Witness, don't knock on the Jewish neighbours' door asking if they've found Jesus at 6am, and then don't get pissed off if they slam the door in your face.

4) Never go straight, only FORWARD.

5) Regret the things you have not yet done, and don't dwell on the things that you have done.

6) Don't stop asking WHY until you get a satisfactory response.

7) It's not in the answers, btw, it's in the QUESTION.

8) It's not what you ask, but how you ask it, and when, and where, and why and how.

9) The truth ALWAYS hurts, but it's the only thing that can set you FREE.

Note: my arrays always start with [0]. I HATE scripting languages that reinforce the probability of an off-by-one error.
            -30-

Comment

it's been a while sinced I programed, it would be nice to do so again

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I enjoy wine (not whine ) very much and I also drink something like four beers a week. I usually try to go to the specialty stores so I can try a different brand of beer or wine with each bottle.

For normal day to day drinking I am a tea-a-holic (some thing like 4-6 12 oz glasses a day).
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  orange juice earlier.

okay this was just a flimsy excuse to ask if anyone likes my new avatar
                  Go ahead, make my day!

Nothing at the moment, although I am going to go and get a glass of cherryade at the moment
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

a nice cup of tea.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

water now. I mostly drink water during the day. I'm still trying to shave off another 10 pounds or so. Drinking water makes it realy easy to keep my calorie intake to a minimum (along with eating small serving sizes)

Comment

Water and orange juice at home.

When out, depends on the situation. White wine with dinner (red if the food needs it), lager in the pub and random "cheap 'n nasty" cocktails at rowing socials.

Used to drink a lot of vodka and lemonade but kind of grown out of it now, not gone clubbing that much lately.

Comment

Tanqueray and spicy V-8. Not recommended.

Comment

Recommended

1/2 Lemonade
                            1/2 Sweet Tea

Not recommended - Prarie Fires

Tequila - 1 or more shots
                            Tabasco Sauce - Enough to turn it red.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I was up in your kneck of the woods, this week for bizness. Thought you were moving to Atlanta? Where are you at now?

Comment

Working...
                              X