Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Poland: War Was About Oil!

Poland seeks Iraqi oil stake
    Poland, which has sent troops to support the US-led forces in Iraq, has acknowledged its "ultimate objective" is to acquire supplies of Iraqi oil.
    The Polish Foreign Minister, Wlodzimierz Cimoszewicz, said his country had never disguised the fact that it sought direct access to the oilfields.

He was speaking as a group of Polish firms signed a deal with a subsidiary of US Vice President **** Cheney's former company, Halliburton.

The US firm, Kellogg, Brown and Root, has already won million-dollar contracts to carry out reconstruction work in Iraq.

"We have never hidden our desire for Polish oil companies to finally have access to sources of commodities," Mr Cimoszewicz told the Polish PAP news agency.

Access to the oilfields "is our ultimate objective," he added.
    Polish soldiers are to command one of the post-war administrative zones being set up to run Iraq.

Poland firmly supported the United States during the Iraq war, and sent a small number of troops during the combat.

About 250 Polish soldiers left for Kuwait on Wednesday to begin preparations for a multinational peacekeeping force in central Iraq.

Poland will take command of more than 9,000 troops from 15 nations - including 2,300 of its own - when the force is ready at the beginning of September.

The sector under Polish command will be sandwiched between the US and British sectors.

It is the first time Poland has led such a large multinational peacekeeping force.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    It's good to see that some governments can be honest.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

So the whole coolition of the wiling nets us 9K for peacekeeping? Oh goody.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

But they're 9k of the willing...
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        You mean "willing to get oil" ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          2.3K of which are from Polish forces. Reminds me of great moments in Polish History. Getting crushed by the Germans twice and the Soviets once. Why not just get the Italian military?
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

in other news:

The Poles plan on selling the US their new submarine prototype... (for those of you who know this joke)
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Honesty is usually good, for a change.
              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                2.3K of which are from Polish forces. Reminds me of great moments in Polish History. Getting crushed by the Germans twice and the Soviets once. Why not just get the Italian military?

how about in 1919/20 when polish forces resisted an attempt by the soviets to take over their country and then attacked and made poland its 1939 size.

i would also hope you don't need to be reminded of the glory days of the kingdom of poland-lithuania...
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                  how about in 1919/20 when polish forces resisted an attempt by the soviets to take over their country and then attacked and made poland its 1939 size.
                  You mean, when they were outrageously backed by the major European powers ? And when the new border has been drawn by a British Lord ?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

there was nothing outrageous about backing poland

and the border oringinally planned for poland in the 1919 treaty was a lot further west than the poles made it
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

enough of your damn threadjack
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                        there was nothing outrageous about backing poland
                        I meant "outrageous" on the huge amount of support we provided.

Comment

bah, foiled again :/

Comment

Pretty soon those uppity poles will be wantin the vote!

Comment

What Poland says might be said to be honest, but it is all terribly vague at this point.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X