Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What game(s) do you just OWN?

By "own", I mean "dominate."

The only video game that I owned, at standard difficulty level, is the 1982 Williams Electronics arcade game Robotron: 2084. In 1983, I lost my game by rolling over my men while on my way to scoring 25,000,000+ points (1/4 of the then-world record at the same difficulty level (extra man every 25,000, difficulty 5 - typical factory settings).

I've been playing the game for 20+ years and I swear that last night I figured out yet another strategy that will do me some good.

I also used to dominate Rubik's Cube pretty damned well, once achieving a time of 48 seconds (mostly taking from 60-80). There was a book that had a pretty fast method to solving it, and I practiced and practiced. I hated the little ones on key rings.

Counter-Strike... and most other FPS's... also Starcraft... and most RTS's.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Still dwelling on past glory there John?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I own everyone and everything at mario kart on the snes. hell I'd own deep blue at mario kart.

Comment

Yeah, it's been a while since I had 6 straight hours to devote to one quarter. Remember there were no pause buttons, no save spots on those old arcade games - in many ways, owning an arcade game is more impressive than any Save and Reload computer game.

IMHO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
            Yeah, it's been a while since I had 6 straight hours to devote to one quarter. Remember there were no pause buttons, no save spots on those old arcade games - in many ways, owning an arcade game is more impressive than any Save and Reload computer game.

IMHO, of course.
            if sava is reffering to single player that is the saddest statement ever. to own at sc u have to win tournaments, preferably korean ones, or against top korean competition(cuz its such a huge game). most ppl have no idea the real competition level of starcraft.

Comment

if sava is reffering to single player that is the saddest statement ever. to own at sc u have to win tournaments, preferably korean ones, or against top korean competition(cuz its such a huge game). most ppl have no idea the real competition level of starcraft.
              I am awesome at SC MP... I had a kickass battle.net record... but why did you quote JOHN's statement if you are referring to me?

those korean basta4rds are freakish though...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Some Koreans die from playing games, it is so insensible.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Some Koreans die from playing games, it is so insensible.
                  I've heard rumors of stabbings and violence at internet cafes.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    I am awesome at SC MP... I had a kickass battle.net record... but why did you quote JOHN's statement if you are referring to me?

those korean basta4rds are freakish though...
                    cuz he mentioned reloading. which obviously isnt in MP. battle.net is like owning at playground basketball and not realizing there's an nba. no big deal. but realize koreans can be proffesional gamers, 40-60 hours a week playing.

neways tho, starcraft ownz

Comment

yea, I don't take games seriously enough to play in tournaments... IMO, playing in tournaments = loser...

SC does own
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not much into the MP experience - hell, I don't have enough time to finish the standard campaigns in most of the games I buy.

But yeah: go ahead and boast of your MP accomplishments as well.

Comment

I'm not much into the MP experience
                          You'd love Counter-Strike, I'm sure .... if you think I am obnoxious, you should see some of the gasbags playing that game
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll play cards online though.

Comment

MP isn't fun unless your pumping 5.56mm rounds into someone's head!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X