Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Gets Life in Prison for Spitting

Thu Jul 3

OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - An Oklahoma man arrested on suspicion of beating his wife faced year in prison and a fine. But when he spit in an arresting officer's face, he got a life sentence instead, officials said on Wednesday.

John Carl Marquez, 36, was convicted of "placing bodily fluid upon a government employee," a felony that can carry a life sentence because of the possibility of transmitting a potentially deadly disease.

State judge April Sellers White sentenced Marquez this week even though Marquez and the officer tested negative for any communicable disease.

Marquez also was convicted of assaulting a police officer, and a jury recommended the maximum sentence because he had previous convictions.

Marquez, arrested several months ago, could have received one year in prison and a $3,000 fine for wife beating, according to the Creek County court clerk's office.

His lawyers said they plan to appeal.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

that's horrible. I love it

Comment

It'll be overturned. Hopefully.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Leave it to the Okies to make Texas look sane.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I see Oklahoma is trying to Out-Texas Texas. Comeon Texans, don't let them usurp your place!

Hmmm.. Maybe next time someone looks crosseyed at a government worker in Texas, they should give the death penalty.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I thought you were talking about China and their anti-spit regulations
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hell. Me and the boys would've hung him by now.
              Okies. HA! Prime Texas wannabes.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Hell. Me and the boys would've hung him by now.
                  Wussies.
                  Real men would have quartered him
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

if he has a dangerous and deadly disease, a life sentence won't mean long though will it
                    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Wussies.
                      Real men would have quartered him
                      A Frenchman calling a Texan a wussie? I love it!
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

That's wonderful!

Comment

I think he deserves life in prison. Spitting on someone is assault with a deadly weapon. How would you feel if you were walking down the street and someone spit on you, ten years down the road youre hospitalised with some strange disease that you got from that person.

other than that its just plain rude.

Comment

Actually, you're correct, Spacey.
                            That's why the law.

AND, it is very rude.
                            Reminds of something that danged Sava would do.

Comment

How would you feel if you were walking down the street and someone spit on you, ten years down the road youre hospitalised with some strange disease that you got from that person.

Comment

Working...
                              X