Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reign: The Conquerer (anime fans help...Wraith...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reign: The Conquerer (anime fans help...Wraith...)

I've recently hopped onto Reign: The Conquerer on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network (relatively) late at night. I'm curious though, I've watched pretty much the entire series, but can someone tell me the ins and outs of what I may not be getting? I once heard that of the thousands who watch the show, the ones that understand it may be counted on one hand, and I may not be in that hand, so can someone tell me what's the deal with the Pythagrian (sp?) Cult and the Braham Priests and whatnot?
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

I can't help you there, as I've never seen it. I've heard enough bad things about it, and the premise doesn't sound all that great, so I haven't bothered with it.

Search the net, though. I bet you'll find a couple sites dedicated to it. If you're lucky one of them will even have useful information ^_^

Wraith
    I'll get back to you as soon as my state collapses

Comment

The best site I could find was at geocities and it only recapped each episode without explaining anything. http://www.geocities.com/alexhedran/ if you want to give it a try.

Comment

It's a great anime. Usually the ones who don't like it have never seen it or just don't understand any of it, if you've been around on the AS message boards.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I don't like how it looks

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, the 1st episode pretty much bored me and I haven't found time to watch the rest...seems OK but nothing too great.
            DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Yeah...the entire thing is from the same guy as Aeon Flux apparently...but can anyone explain it to me?

Comment

Based (ever so loosely) on Alexander the Macedonian's rise to power and path across the known world (Mediterrean sp?) to India. His mother, raving psychopath, has a vision of the whole world being destroyed. It starts inside a temple-thing outside a coastal city of Greece(?) and spreads rapidly to all points of the globe. The final image is the grown Alexander atop a horse. Assumption being he causes the destruction. There are groups that oppose him, either because he's a conquerer or because they've seen the same nasty vision of what's to come. Alexander isn't inherently evil; it is the culminations of his actions over time that determine the future. He himself learns, or rather infers, this truth when he pays a humble visit to the town freak in Athens(?). Weird little man with a BIG barrel doubling as a holodeck. And everyone keeps saying, "What good is it having college degrees in Philosophy and Logic?"

Cod pieces, on the other hand, ARE inherently evil. And cut that hair you hippie!

Unless of course you already knew this stuff. I'm no expert, but no one should be really. This cartoon really isn't "deep." It's mostly mindless drivel.

I personally dislike (but not quite 'hate') this cartoon. It's boring, confusing, and nowhere NEAR as interesting as Aeon Flux.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The evil ones stopped showing Trigun to show this- right before they finished the series up, too!

I saw the first episode (when hoping for more Trigunny goodness). While any show with evil flying mathematicians has to have potential, I hate hate hate hate the art design they use. That and the fact that the philosophy seemed silly. I'm a huge fan of mystical takes on history, too, a shame that this wasn't better than it could have been, or at least it seemed.
                  All syllogisms have three parts.
                  Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

OK, so now apparently Reign is "cancelled" again and Trigun is back. Also Big O is back. Now, the bad translation with the title notwithstanding (I'm assuming it's a bad translation, otherwise, it's just weird...), I liked the series the first time I saw it, and now they're gonna show the second season in August. Anyone else like it at all/can give me insight?

Comment

This cartoon really isn't "deep." It's mostly mindless drivel.

OK, so now apparently Reign is "cancelled" again
                      It only has 16 or so episodes IIRC. You saw it from start to end. (Reference--my sig.)

Reign was a good anime. Not spectacular, but it certainly isn't deserving of all the crap it's gotten.

Comment

The crap level would have greatly decreased if they'd just put on some trousers. If they'd been wearing trousers during the preview, then I might've thought "Hmm, that looks like a weird show," rather than "What the **** is this?"
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

ARE YOU SURE THERE'S NOT ANY REASON YOU KEPT LOOKING BELOW THEIR WAISTS?

(Thank you.)

Comment

Of course there's a reason, they're not wearing any friggin pants. Duh. Even man-bulge is better than man-thong.

Oh, and of course I keep looking below their waists because I'm a flaming homosexual. Huzzah for man ass.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I have seen Laputa castle in the sky recently. I liked it. Any simmilar works someone can recommend? Does not have to be anime, just Steampunk in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X