No announcement yet.

Need a master of grammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks everyone, and it wasn't latin, but classical greek, i am upto the bits about decelnsions and feminines and all that, and the lady who wrote the text book likes to confuse me

though all this seems v helpful, ty
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

"eo", yes, of course, thanks, Al'Kimiya and TheGuitarist.

Originally posted by Cruddy
      I thought it was Romanii ite domus... but it's been a long time since I watched it
      No, it's "Romani" (plural of Romanus, not Romanius), and it "domum" (accusative, "ad" is left out). It's one of those expressions around domus, like "domo" (at home) instead of "in domo".

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
      thanks everyone, and it wasn't latin, but classical greek, i am upto the bits about decelnsions and feminines and all that, and the lady who wrote the text book likes to confuse me
      Yea, I missed the ablative Latin has. Are you studying classical languages?

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        Yeah, but how would you say "Romans go home" in Latin?

/Life of Brian
        I can nearly remember "Romans they are go the house" in Latin, but not the corrected version!

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
          Yea, I missed the ablative Latin has. Are you studying classical languages?
          just classical greek at the moment.

Though i may do latin one day, but i'd have no use for it because there aren't really any roman/latin authors who i really want to read.
          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Working...
          X