Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Selection 2010

Place your bets, folks!

You only have one day to vote before the IOC makes their decision, so make it count!

Personally, I think Salzburg is the best choice, but politics will probably hand the bid to Vancouver this time around. I won't complain.

Also, HAPPY CANADA DAY! (Am I crazy, or was there actually no 'Happy Canada Day' thread? I'm shocked AND appalled! )
    Vancouver, B.C., Canada
    54.17%
    Salzburg, Austria
    12.50%
    Pyeongchang, South Korea
    12.50%
    Bananasburg, Bananastan
    20.83%

The poll is expired.

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Where is the next one, 2006?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Where is the next one, 2006?
      2004: Athens
      2006: Torino (Turin), Italy
      2008: Beijing

Ah, the Beijing controversy. That was a good ol' time.
      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

It's North America's turn for the Olympics again.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Vancouver is the favorite.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Pretty sad list of cities. It was bad enough when the IOC sullied themselves by giving the Olymipics to Beijing, but an Olympics in Pyeongchang might be even worse.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The best Olympics ever was Calgary '88.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Pretty sad list of cities. It was bad enough when the IOC sullied themselves by giving the Olymipics to Beijing, but an Olympics in Pyeongchang might be even worse.
                Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with Vancouver! It's a be-yoo-ti-ful city. And Salzburg! Oh, man, Salzburg has got class up the wazoo! Both cities would make fine hosts (Salzburg especially, in regard to transport and facilities).

Ah well, ANYTHING will be better than Salt Lake. Blech.

Comment

Winter Olympics , as if the regular olympics arn't enough...

Besides, I don't mind watching a little sport now and again, but too much is much.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ah well, ANYTHING will be better than Salt Lake. Blech.

Agreed.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In believe Reno, Nevada is going to make a bid for the 2014 Winter Olympics. This area hosted them once back in the 60's.

I want to say Vancouver in 2010, but Hell with it, I'll vote Salzburg.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

howso? pyeongchang's quite pretty, you know...
                        B♭3

Comment

EDIT: *Sigh*
                          Last edited by DRoseDARs; July 1, 2003, 23:36.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

N.K? the poll syas its South korea.
                            :-p

Comment

greeks are trying to make it a naked olympics like they did back in the day
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X