Phantom music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom music

This getting truly irritating! I have checked every thing capable of producing music and they are all turned off. But I can still hear music playing! Somebody tell me the cure!
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Suicide (no, that's not a serious suggestion!)

Either your neighbours are playing music,

or you have tinnitus and your brain is translating it as music so that's what you think you hear.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

It's not the neighbors because I have never heard them play music before. I don't know what tinnitus is. I think I'll try your first suggestion.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

either suicide or you have the same problem as I have. your stereo receives radio waves. I bet if you remove the cable it instantly stops. it's because I use a stereo cable for a mono entry, probably some delicate bridging there resulting in the cable working like an antenna. or so. only sometimes anyway.

remove the wire to your stereo. if it stops instantly, I'm right and you'll have to endure it.

Comment

I even tried unplugging the damn thing. Didn't work. Continuing with Cerb's plan.
          XGalaga.

Comment

check out if there's a festival in the city. outside of your room. can you imagine where that is?

Comment

what kind of music is it anyway? maybe you should enjoy it

Comment

Nope, no festival. I might enjoy if I could turn it up to the point where I could understand the singer. Failing that.....
                XGalaga.

Comment

what kind of music is it?

Comment

Are you being serious? How long have you been hearing it?

Comment

I don't normally listen to music so I don't know how to classify it. Do you realize that for there are as many smilies as posts in this thread? This thread is distracting me so there is little need to .
                      XGalaga.

Comment

Switch off your computer.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Perhaps your metal fillings/skull plate are picking up radio waves? It has ben known to happen...

Or perhaps you're brain is so starved of music it is making up it's own?
                          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

geeslaka, perhaps youre crazy
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

he certainly is, but so am I and I don't hear music all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X