Did Anyone Watch the Caesar Mini Series On TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anyone Watch the Caesar Mini Series On TNT

Just got through watching the last part a few minutes ago. It was pretty good for a TV mini series. In some places it seemed a little rushed but all in all it was worth the time spent watching it. The series starts out with the arival of Sulla and ends with the death of Caesar on the Senate floor. One good point is that it didn't focus on Cleo too much. There were parts that I wished would have been done a little different but hey it was pretty good for TV.

edit: It was especially nice to see Christopher Walken as Cato
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

It's still on right now.

Although I'm not sure if this is the first part or second.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      It's still on right now.

Although I'm not sure if this is the first part or second.
      Your watching the replay it's the second part
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

personallly, I was hoping for some hot sex scenes with Cleopatra

Comment

I missed it, but I did watch the "Roman War Machine" special's on the history channel, it was like a 6 parter or something...

Hopefully their is a replay of that caesar one, gonna have to watch that.
          If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

They will have plenty of replays.\

Dissident. You'll have to wait for the dvd version of that I believe.

Comment

yep, Ceaser just got whacked

Comment

I liked it. I think it was very well done. There were a few things I really liked, specially how characters that have gotten almost no on screen time ever got time here, like Marius (for a very short time), Sulla, Pompey and Cato. They did the battle scenes well, though too much use of horses: someone who did not know better would thnk the core of the Roman army of this time was cavalry.

I was also somewhat perplexed by no mneiton of the Tirumvarate being made, and Crassus is never even spoken off, even when they talk about the great slave revolt. The show also continues the notion that Octavian and Caesar had little to do with each other, I mean, he is not even mentioned until the pre-credit stills, and they even call him Augustus and not Octavian. I mean, there must have been a reason Caesar named him and not Marc Anthony as his successor.
                All the actor did very well, though I think Wlaken did chew up the sceenry a bit too much as Cato. Sisto (??) did a very good Caesar, and Noth a very good Pompey.

Still, the best depecition of Roman times I have seen since I Claudius.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

it was well done

but i have a question form last night... did caesar really let that celt (im not even gonna try to spell his name Xangiaorfhdlfcadfczxxxx...) go, who later became the leader of the celts (or was he all along?)
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Vercingetorix you mean, or..?

(I haven't watched it so...)
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Saw it last year in German TV (IIRC one of Germany´s major tv stations was co-producer).

I had quite low expectations (esp. because of other mini-series, eg. the Cleopatra thing with Timothy Dalton as Caesar), but was positively surprised - for tv stuff it was good, althought I disliked certain elements. Also I disliked the actor who played Caesar.

But overall worth watching.
                      Blah

Comment

I channel surfed by, but after watching roman catapults throwing fireballs and then watching roman calvary (wtf?) using a gladius (even worse wtf?) I decided it was not for me and moved on.

Find a copy of 'I Claudius'. Its much better.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

has anyone seen the Attila series I think it was a two parter (virtually films) made by HBO? Quite good considering, although they could have kept the magic mumbo-jumbo out of it.

Comment

It was entertaining... what sucked was that I already knew the ending.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              It was entertaining... what sucked was that I already knew the ending.
                              Yeah that kind of goes with the territory where historical dramas are concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X