Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOOHOO! (don't mind me, i have to pat myself on the back.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOHOO! (don't mind me, i have to pat myself on the back.)

i finally managed to get a specific p2p program, soribada, to work on my computer.

problem is, soribada is a korean program, and i'm in the states, using my american xp--thus, none of the menus came out right: they all looked either like:

??????????

or

2©ö?¨ù¡¾??-?©ª¢¥¨­¡¤¢® ?¢¬??¢¬?

but with xp's regional and language capabilities, i managed to change the default display language of non-unicode programs to show korean menus and dialogues--so now i can actually use the program!

and no, i didn't want to ask asher how to do it. why? 'cause i want to figure things out myself, damn it.

now i can ditch all those other, western p2p progs.

hope this doesn't get me banned by the mods.
    B♭3

You can't read it, but you still pat yorself on the back?
    Easily thrilled, aren't you ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

no, what i managed to get working is that now i can read it. instead of showing up as qmarks or as gibberish, it actually shows up as hangul, which i can read.
      B♭3

Comment

Congrats then. Hope it works well.
        My little nervous self hasn't d/l anything in a couple of days.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the stuff i'm downloading is outside the RIAA's jurisdiction. it's all k-pop.
          B♭3

Comment

surely someone could still prosecute you, on the grounds of taste if nothing else
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Does soribada have anything else other than K-pop?

how did u get it to work?
              :-p

Comment

Trial and error, probably.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

um, i haven't searched for anything else on soribada other than kpop. i'm sure it does, though.

and kpop is wonderful, thank you very much.

as for getting it to work:
                  although you can get it to install, since it has korean menus and dialogue boxes, once the program is open, you can't read anything, not even to set up an account.

thus, what you have to do in xp is go into controlpanel-->regional and language settings-->advanced-->language for non-unicode programs-->korean-->apply-->restart.

was surprisingly easy to find, i'm surprised i never noticed that feature before.
                  B♭3

Comment

Oh no more G O D and Jadu??

Can it work in reverse, change Hangeul windows to Yong-o?
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I like to pat myself in other areas

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

and kpop is wonderful, thank you very much.
                        If it can get me with hot asian chicks Im all for it.
                        :-p

Comment

seeker: unfortunately, it looks like you have to have the menus in hangul... no yongo settings, so the modification has to be made to the system.

wow, do i love this prog...
                          B♭3

Comment

FINKL!!!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

have plenty of them.

incidentally, this now gives me the ability to keep up with kpop in america. especially while using bugsmusic.co.kr ... damn id number requirement makes it impossible for me to download from that site directly.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X