Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Beer, Bottled beer, or aluminum cans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boddington's
    Cheapest way to get drunk over here is to get a 3 litre bottle of cheap strong "cider". About 7.5% so around 22.5 units. About £2.99.

It's just nasty though.
    cheapest way I know is to get 3 "Natural Ice" for a dollar deal.

I wouldnt recommend it unless you require certain B.A.C level to survive.
    :-p

Comment

Malt liquor tastes better when you've got problems.
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

It is a sort of high alchol content beer 7% to 10% alcohol by volume IIRC. But I hesitate to call it a beer because it is quite nasty.

And Dissident, don't knock it 'til you try it.

It isn't beer, it's another type of alcohol. All those drinks from the hard liquor makers, like Smirnoff Ice and Morgan Gold and such use malt liquor as their base.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

All my best friends are metalheads
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I can't drink beer out of cans. It's sacrireligious or something.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Draft

Bottles at home

Cans only while travelling (since its the only thing they sell).
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Some beers are made for drinking from tap - Bud, Bud light, MGD are not....they generally taste the same.

Some good beers like heineken don't translate well from the tap either

Newcastle and Guiness are great from the tap, so is Honey Brown and microbrews.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Bud light - how much lighter can you get?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Tap, then bottled. To hell with the cans.

Ok, the pipes have to be clean to make tapped beer really good. Sometimes, the pubs have problems with that and in this case, I prefer bottled beer. Or if at the end of a party there's no way to drink another 10 litres of beer. And Kölsch tastes like Alt the next day. (Alt is the beer from Düsseldorf, and has its name for a good reason ...).
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Bud light - how much lighter can you get?

Michelob Ultra Light
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

ewww, beer in cans. I avoid it most of the time. Now, a nice cold bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale is lovely stuff.

My local pub has nicknamed Carlsberg Special Brew "tramp piss". Or did we nickname it for them when we had that instead of a fifth pint of Fosters...hmm.... I should write stuff down if I'm gonna drink like this.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                          X