No announcement yet.

Have I outgrown strategy games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. because you can plan in mahjong and if your plan gets lucky you feel like million dollars.

i also like playing bridge. 3 no trump.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

NOt necessarily.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        no. because you can plan in mahjong and if your plan gets lucky you feel like million dollars.

i also like playing bridge. 3 no trump.
        Bridge is different though, esp when you play duplicate or swiss teams.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

yeah i know...i wasnt comparing bridge to mahjong other than the 4 player game aspect.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You know you can play bridge and mahjong with 3 players, or even 2
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

not as fun though.

Comment

Would Steel Panthers: World at War count as turn absed startegy in the Civ way? It is really more of a hard core wargame.

Have you ever tried Cossacks? It has a few twists on the Real time strategy games.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X