This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effectiveness of offensive word screening

I'm just curious to see how effective the offensive word screening is thought to be.
    Completely ineffective: word is easy to figure out
    53.85%
    Partially effective: word takes a moment to decipher
    30.77%
    Effective: word is indecipherable
    0.00%
    Effective against bananas!
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Funny thing happened when I posted this thread.
    A wait screen appeared and the quote on it was
    GIVE UP!!!!!
    Last edited by geeslaka; June 28, 2003, 02:01.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

there are a few too many four letter words: ****, ****, ****, and ****.
      B♭3

Comment

Well, the censor itself is really easy to get around. So the effectiveness of the censoring depends on the mods enforcing it and restricting people who get around the censor.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

well four letter words can be hard to decipher cause there's so many of them... also B-ch and p-sy got the same number of letters at five but they're sometimes interchangeable so it dont matter.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
            Funny thing happened when I posted this thread.
            A wait screen appeared and the quote on it was

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
              there are a few too many four letter words: ****, ****, ****, and ****.
              Yeah, but you can do f***, s***, c***, d***, and so on.

Of course, some perfectly innocent words get zapped, too.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Seems however that the effectiveness to id Dls isn´t good enough
                Blah

Comment

Suck my cheney.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I am not a Delinquent Lackey. Or a Dancing Lunatic.
                    XGalaga.

Comment

you are in fact a delinquent lunatic, and a dancing lackey.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

And you are a Dynamic Loser.
                        XGalaga.

Comment

only because you promised me otter pops if i became one like you.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Why would you want an Orthagonal Trial Tape Entering Rewrite Plus Ornamental Popsicle Spam?
                            XGalaga.

Comment

yeah, baby! DL pride!
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X