Was Judas an anti-semitic creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Judas an anti-semitic creation?

now maybe i'm waaaay off but it always seemed to me that Judas was created in the middle ages to make jews look bad... first off, is his name which bears a close resemblence to judah, judea, judeaism, etc. and there's the fact that he was so crass and obsessed with money that he sold out jesus, etc.

am i crazy or is this plausible?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

interesting theory
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Since Jesus was himself not only a Jew, but a descendant of the Davidic dynasty, and the apostles were themselves Jews by origin, you're so crazy I can't think of any polite description.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Seeing as how Judas is in early translations of the Bible, I'm gonna have to go with crazy.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, Judas is mentioned in the original Greek the New Testament is written in. Not crazy, but misinformed. Get invovled with some College Christian organization when you get to Temple University.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Now, you might argue that the Crucifixion/Resurrection is a fabrication, but that's a different argument
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
              Now, you might argue that the Crucifixion/Resurrection is a fabrication, but that's a different argument

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Whatever happened to that guy? He was always hilarious!
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Was Judas an anti-semitic creation?
                  Was Jesus?

Btw, there is a book with a rational explanation for what happened. The short version is that Judas was not betraying Jesus, but merely playing the role assigned him by Jesus. Jesus needed to fulfill certain prophecies, you know, like riding into town on a donkey, for his role as messiah was to be accepted.
                  I forget which book, but I'm almost certain it's in "The Riddle of the Dead Sea Scrolls" by Barbara Thiering, or in "The Mythmaker", a book about how Paul passed aspects of his own religion off as Christianity and now we have a mixture of both...

Comment

Berzerker, have you ever seen "The Last Temptation of Christ." In that movie, Judas is Jesus's best friend and only betrays him (very reluctantly) because Jesus says he must. He's only playing his role. Same theory that you just stated.
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

well that idea that Judas was only doing what he was destined to do aint exactly new...
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, there is actual evidence for this interpretation of events. Or maybe it's just a conspiracy perpetrated by the Elders of Zion to counter the anti-Jews who point to Judas the Jew as a reason to hate Jews.

Comment

Isn't the entire "Bible" in fact just a ZOG ruse to lull us aryans into worshipping a semite? I ask.
                          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

crazy...

Comment

Has political correctness got so bad, we can't even have a bad jewish person in a historical account/story (take your pick).

The character of Judas is very common among human beings, in all cultures and all walks of life. Why is it so hard to believe one such character could be Jewish.

Regards to the name, Judas .. well, maybe somebody who is Jewish themselves could respond on how common the name Judas is amongst Jews (I personally do not know), but it strikes me as obvious that a jew may well be called a name which closely resembles the name of his people/nation.
                              eg . Bharat in India (Bharat is India in Hindi).
                              Last edited by The Viceroy; June 27, 2003, 08:30.
                              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                              X