Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your life now, and where is it going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is your life now, and where is it going?

Well, I know a lot of the 'Poly population are college students - either undergrad or graduate.

A lot of the rest are working men and women in various fields.

Im just curious of where people are going to school and what they are studying as well as what they plan on doing once they enter the work force. As for those who are already there. im curious of what jobs people have and where they work.

I'll start off:

I am presently attending the University of Texas in Austin. I was orignally planning on majoring in aerospace engineering, but due to implications of my scholarship, that may not be possible, so for now I am undeclared (looking at physics as a back up, tho).
    If all goes to plan, I will enter the US air force with a commission and rank of second lieutenant. Im gonna shoot for flight school (I meet and exceed all the physical requirements) but it is hyper-competetive, so im not gonna count on it.

So, where are all you guys at and where do yall wanna be in the future?
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Truckee Meadows Community College (it's a good school damn it ) starting the second of a 2yr Architectural transfer degree to U of Nevada, Las Vegas. Hopefully by or before the end of the decade I'll be ready to take the liscencing (I can never spell that word) exam and earn my title as Architect.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I don't know, what with my majors (history and government). I don't wanna teach, and I'm essentially unelectable. People tell me I should write a book, and I do enjoy writing, so who knows.

I DO know that I have a guaranteed job/career at Best Buy if I wanted to - which I don't. Although I do know that if I went that route, I'd end up making close to six figures within a few years.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm here.

I'm going there.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          I'm here.

I'm going there.
          c'mon! dont be so secretive... you tryin to make us think you're a secret agent or somethin?
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I've graduated, and applied for an IT job. I have already had the first interview and found out today that I will be going in for a second interview.

Soon I may even have some money!
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm a teacher. I'm looking at going back to university and taking either speech pathology or physical therapy.

Comment

Good luck Skanky
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

University of Hawaii-Manoa majoring in Psychology. I plan on getting my masters in Criminal Justice....but I don't know whether or not I want to stay here. I'm thinking of going to the mainland to get out of this rut I'm in.

I want to work in the prison field and slowly direct it to reform instead of punishment. But my main goal is to move anywhere but here.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

unfortunately my life is going no where

but I don't care anymore. I lack the motivation to really do anything with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      unfortunately my life is going no where

but I don't care anymore. I lack the motivation to really do anything with my life.
                      just do what makes you happy i long for the day im bumming out on the beach without a care in the world. whether im rich or poor, matters not...

Comment

I hear you.

I learned a while ago, that I don't like stressful jobs.

I prefer to work 40 hours a week and no more. In the navy you work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week while out at sea.

I need my free time. And there are certain luxeries I can enjoy now, that I couldn't before.

Comment

I'm unemployed and live at my mom's house. Life is good.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Where is your life now
                            Here

and where is it going?
                            6 feet under

Comment

I earn 2,50€ per hour at an local food discounter...

Im sure not exploited am I?
                              If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Working...
                              X