Norwegian Marriages and a Real-Life Riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian Marriages and a Real-Life Riddle

While inputting credit card data I obtained a interesting application.

I was from two individuals at the same address, a male and a female, who were the same age each. This led me to believe they were married.

However, the male gave his name as (example, can't remember proper names):

Breivik Jorgensen

The female's name was:

Gretel Breivik

That is, in their marriage, she had seemed to take his first name as her surname. This was repeated in the clear signatures.

It confused all of us when applying, since foreigners sometimes confumes their surname and first names in Britain, as "first name" in other cultures can also be the family name.

Any Norwegians want to answer?

An additional piece of information is that they had different mothers, as the given mother's maiden names were different to each other's.

www.my-piano.blogspot

BTW, the shared male first name/female surname seemed unique enough to suggest there was definitely a link.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Maybe one of them's a shemale.

Comment

Maybe it's the same person (a shemale as Ect suggests)... He turned she, and took his doctor's name as his/hers mothers maiden name?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

There are a some scandinavian names (Helmer and Gunnar, for example) that can be used as both given name and family name.
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I once hada friend called Gunnar. In fact his parents called him Nils-Gunnar. His brother was Lars-Göran.

They had a cousin called Knut.

Don't think the family had something with norse names

Comment

I once hada friend called Gunnar. In fact his parents called him Nils-Gunnar. His brother was Lars-Göran.

They had a cousin called Knut.

this little sequence is funny.

and made all the more funny when you misread the last name by displacing the n and the u.
              B♭3

Comment

As a non-Norwegian I cannot answer this - although I suspect it might have something to do with patronymics (is that how you spell it? I doubt it).

On the other hand, maybe they are in fact identical twins, seperated at birth, one growing up with a band of gypsies, the other growing up with a band of elastic.
                Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Knut is a norse name. And the viking smiley makes it funniest, admit.

Comment

Ecthelion - it as a vast improvement on your other attempts at humour. I actually smiled!
                    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Nils-Gunnar? Poor bastard...
                      FYI, these kind of double-names are often used in comedy because they sound silly in Swedish too.

Comment

Breivik looks like a last name to me. I'm not Norwegian, though. Norwegians are a strange bunch.

Comment

silly? I'm honest about all this!! Ik new him from kindergarten on, then lost contact a few years ago because they moved to some remote village and due to his drug abuse his parents wouldn't permit him to stay with his brother in the house where they lived before.

as I heard he now has to do grad year again. talk about a lazy bum

he's only called "Nils" or "Gunnar" by his friends.... or Manfred by his parents, don't ask me why.

Comment

Cruddy, that was nothing compared to my humourous peaks that everyone ehre misses because they only happen inside of my head

Comment

I mean, they are certainly real names, it's just that most Swedes find them very funny-sounding and avoid giving them to their kids.
                              The principal of my university, for example, has the macho name Inge-Bert

Comment

Working...
                              X