Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ie finally gets built-in popup blocking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ie finally gets built-in popup blocking...

sorta.

through google toolbar 2.0, anyway.

it's in beta now, but i'm going to use it for my ie. even if i usually do use opera instead.
    B♭3

Isn't google toolbar spyware or something?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Never in our lives will IE have built in popup blocking.

opera!

Comment

Some pop-ups are actually useful.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

chegitz, requested popups can be enabled in any recent opera version.

not requested opoups are ALWAYS advertisement, unless they're private messages in new windows.

Comment

well you're *technically* able to disable the spyware features of the google toolbar.

in any case, i too use opera for most of my browsing--there are the few sites which it can't render though, and that's why ie or mozilla come in.

of all "spyware", the google toolbar is the only one i'm comfortable with.
            B♭3

Comment

Opera > *
              Who needs a Google toolbar if all of its functionality is already built-in?
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Opera has PageRank, highlighting, google-search-on-toolbar, etc?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Gee, does it? That's nice - I've had it for months now... Thanks apple!
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Don't thank Apple, thanks KDE...they made the code for it years ago.

Apple repackaged it...

I really don't care if it's built in. I've had free popup blockers for years, too, and it's far more powerful than Safari's (blacklisting, whitelisting).
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Don't thank Apple, thanks KDE...they made the code for it years ago.

Apple repackaged it...

I really don't care if it's built in. I've had free popup blockers for years, too, and it's far more powerful than Safari's (blacklisting, whitelisting).
                      hi ,

huh shall we start with what microsoft repacked , ....

cant you stop with your apple and mac bashing and negative critisism , ...... it sound like a broken cd , .....

and actually apple is to thank , ....

if you would take the time to read the hot mac news you would find out why , .....

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Opera has PageRank, highlighting, google-search-on-toolbar, etc?
                        Nope...

But Opera has everything else... No more IE for me, and if your site doesn't work in Opera? Too bad, there are a lot of other sites I can go to.

To paraphrase GP and Derek: OPERA! OPERA! OPERA!
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                          hi ,

huh shall we start with what microsoft repacked , ....
                          Go for it, I'll help you out.

cant you stop with your apple and mac bashing and negative critisism , ...... it sound like a broken cd , .....
                          If the truth is bashing and negative critisism, it's not me who's to blame, but Apple.

Apple took KHTML and reskinned it and added a few contributions to the source. Suddenly Mac users think it's some huge innovation or something.

I've been using KHTML far before Safari came out.

and actually apple is to thank , ....

if you would take the time to read the hot mac news you would find out why , .....

have a nice day
                          Are they providing $1B in AIDS funding for Africa like some-other-tech-company?

Comment

Opera does have google-search-on-toolbar. And Amazon search. And eBay search. And download.com search. And lots more that I never use.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

IE has google-search-on-toolbar too, in a way, with the stock IE.

If I type in a word in the address bar, it recognizes it's not a website and searches google for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X