Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else see the world poker championships???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see the world poker championships???

All I can say is WOW - that was thrilling! I really thought Kerill had the hand there for a second! But when that eight came out, I couldn't help but feel happy for Alan... A well fought hand of poker, through and through!
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

monolith you sick pervert stop watching the Spice Channel so much.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Texas Hold'um is god's poker. You haven't played real poker until you've played 6 hour marathon sessions with 8 guys
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I've never played that style of poker, but now I want to desperately!

I can hold a poker face like nobody's business - comes from all them acting classes, I think. The only thing I need training on is a few of the mechanics...
        Drake Tungsten
        Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
          I've never played that style of poker, but now I want to desperately!

I can hold a poker face like nobody's business - comes from all them acting classes, I think. The only thing I need training on is a few of the mechanics...
          Yahoo offer it on their games section. OK, not like playing for real money - but it can give you a feel for it.

Personally prefer stud as I know the odds a lot better - but Hold 'em certainly is more exciting.

I don't know about playing it with 8 guys being the best though - playing it with a mixed group with items of clothing as stakes is much better in my book.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

So did no one else watch these thrilling matchups???
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

Sorry, guv, no I didn't... cause it's not shown live on UK TV.

Will look out for it though when it makes it over in a few weeks (Autumn schedule - what you would call Fall).
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

were they on espn2 again?

I never understood that.

there is no way in hell you can call that a sport

Comment

They use the most important muscle you have...

And they are much more exciting than any sport I've ever seen, save the Superbowl.

They were on the travel channel.
                  Drake Tungsten
                  Albert Speer

Comment

the brain is not a muscle

Was it at bionion's horseshoe? They've had them there for many, many years. But I think they are moving it somewhere else now.

Comment

I love poker, but haven't played much in recent years. When I was in college I ran a game for a couple of years. It really helped pay the bills, and was fun to boot. I, like Cruddy, prefer (7 card) stud, but I'm familiar enough with Hold 'em that it doesn't intimidate me. One of the world's great games IMO.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                      X