Cheese and wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese and wine

You an't beat a good strong cheese...Caerphilly and Emmenthal are my favourites right now.

As for wines, six months ago I was more into white but since my parents are away I seem to have taken to plundering their red wine stash. Currently on a northern Spain 2001 bottle, Bodega Virgen Blance, Lerin, Temprenillo. Good stuff. Just hope it's not too expensive..
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Jarlsberg goes well with some whites - medium dry or sweeter.

At this rate you won't be able to afford that Holiday Bods.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

If it has a cork my guess it is pretty expensive
      Monkey!!!

Comment

The wine is free...at the moment.

We had quite a lot of cheese in when my parents left. I've ran out of Emmenthal though. Just left with a small slab of Caerphilly (thanks to Provost demolishing it) and some bland cheddar. Some soft stilton or something like that, but it is wrapped in some dodgy cling film and I don't fancy having the kitchen smelling for a week of sweaty toes.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          If it has a cork my guess it is pretty expensive
          What, like £2.99 a bottle?

Tell you what really pisses me right off - those platic corks. Sure they might keep the wine betetr but they are a right bugger to get off corkscrews. I've had to take scissors to them twice.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Wine down the pub? Isn't that a b*tch drink?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How did he "demolish" the cheese? In an "American Pie" sense?

Comment

Wine down the pub? Isn't that a b*tch drink?

Also known as chateaux migraine.
                -
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I will never stop loving mozzerella.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

monolith

Comment

I hate cheese with a passion. Not just that I'm alergic to it, but I have always found it absolutly disgusting

As for the wine, it's young (for a Spaniad), and not from any of the main regions (such as Rioja or Ribero Del Duero). My guess is it won't be too expensive. You probably know how much your parents usually spend on wine, and where they get it from, but my guess is somewhere between £4 and £7 per bottle. I'm getting more and more into Spanish reds, you can pick up an old, decent one ('88 or '89) for less than £10, and anything I've found in my local shop for £5 or so has been very drinkable.

Much as I am sure screw caps keep the wine just as good, and cost less, as I keep being told by all these 'fasionable' wine people on TV, it just isn't the same. I'll use a good ol' cork anyday. Imangine Champagne with a screw cap Just wouldn't be the same.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I will never stop loving mozzerella

What's there to love??? It doesn't taste of anything, is expensive and is basically some left-over from the real thing.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

alva, it does have its own taste, and even if it's not too strong, it's just nice to eat it. Like potatoe chips / crisps. They can taste like sh!t and you'll still eat them. That's because of glutamates, but still.

Comment

Hmm, ok, but to jump from that and make it your favorite...

It's ok when it melted, but the classic with tomato and some herbs and oil

Comment

mmm....

Comment

Working...
                              X