Iraq 11 - US 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq 11 - US 0

I know it's a good strategy to play games and then lose to make them feel good about themselves and it's good for the relations... but how the hell do you lose a soccer game by 11 goals? I think that's too much!

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Yeah! You have to be Finland to do that!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

agreed
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

obviously, american soldiers suck at football.
        B♭3

Comment

They probably let them win for the general citizens to get a good feeling. Besides, we have to someone beat our military every now and then.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sure, no doubt, but 11 to nothing? Isn't that a little overdoing it?
            In da butt.

Comment

An Iraqi team managed to drub a few GIs who happened to be there . . . whats your point? A local club team here would likely beat those guys too . . . Its not like soccer is that popular in the US

If they invaded Canada, any local group might drub the military guys in hockey too ( depends on whether the unit is from Minnesota or Alabama)
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yeah, we've seen how Canadians do against Minnesotans when it comes to hockey.
                darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
                Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

Americans can't play soccer. I'm surprised they didn't clobber us by even more.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

American men at least.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I thought that 11-0 was nuclear bombs dropped on the enemy capital, according to Mohammed Said al-Sahaf.

Comment

11-0 is a bit much, but to be fair if the US occupied san marino or the faroe islands they'd still lose to the locals
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

That article......

MSNBC is hardly fiercly independant
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Stefu
                            Yeah! You have to be Finland to do that! [/]QUOTE]

Isn't the official sport of Finland wife tossing or something like that?
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

A bit much? With them being USians I would have expected a more cricket-esque score.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X