Fatty foods and fat people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatty foods and fat people

The news has been covering this a bit more lately because of the lawsuits. There has been talk of higher insurance premiums and life insurance for fat people.

What do you think? and what would happen if they then lost that weight?

and then we move to the taxes of fatty foods New York State wants to institute. They would also tax advertisements for junk food with a 1% tax.

These lawsuits may fail, but I can't help but notice the similarities between the actions of the lawyers here and against the tobacco companies. The lawyers are salivating, and they want that money. And laywers can be very crafty when it comes to ways to make more money.

Will fat people have to face more consequences for their actions in the future. Well they already do with regards to personal health. But I meant more consequences by society.

And what happens when too many americans become fat and we can't field an army? I still can't believe over 60% of all adults are overweight and/or obese. That's an astonishing percentage.

How can a nation retain it's economic/military dominance with that kind of population?

Also I wanted to cover how society "accepts" fat people.

There has been a lot of extremist PC talk about forcing magazines to put fat people on their covers, and to force hollywood to cast fat actresses.

But is it right to find it perfectly okay for people to be fat?

I disagree. It is not an ideal to be fat. We aren't talking about skin color. We are talking about doing things that are harmful to the human body. I see it no better than someone who smokes.

So we as a society do not accept smoking as perfectly healthy, therefore I do not think we should think being fat is perfectly normal and healthy.

the ideal is to be thin, and we shouldn't treat fat people as victims of something beyond their control.

And before anyone says I'm being an *******, I was once 40 pounds overweight. I hated that. I hated being fat. Even though I wasn't nearly as fat as most people, I still couldn't stand it. It's not normal. My movement was restricted, and I wasn't as agile. It is so nice to be thin again and be agile. Makes sex more interesting as well.

Comment

i wait for uberkrux's opinion
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

except for the military, for what else do you need non-fat ppl. to keep your dominance? I guess 40% are sufficient
        If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I think the US should create an enormous R&D endeavour ala "Manhattan Project" to create a wonderdrug against obesity.

Would be much more useful, too.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Fat people are a drain on the health care systems. We should burn them for fuel.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
              Fat people are a drain on the health care systems. We should burn them for fuel.

Now thats signature-worthy stuff!

EDIT: And with great irony, Settler2 gave me the following quote when I submitted this post.
              Do YOU have redeeming social value
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

statistically speaking German population has a similar share of overweight people.

they don't seem to be all so much overweight though, at least from what I've heard fat people in the US are REAL fat

Comment

I would put the tax on the sugar companies rather than the fat people.

After all, the sugar companies are the one who profit from obesity.
                  Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

If people become fat from sugar, then a tax on sugar companies is a tax on fat people.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                      I would put the tax on the sugar companies rather than the fat people.

After all, the sugar companies are the one who profit from obesity.
                      But it's the fat people and their decisions who cost society, not the companies that feed their demand.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I would tax fast food.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Really? Explain how.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

also I'll say it again that sugar and/or fatty food does not cause obesity. I eat pizza and taco bell. What causes obesity is eating more calories than you burn.

So in theory, taxing sugar and/or fast food punishes everyone. It would make more sense to have a tax on a food once you buy too much of it. But that would be impossible to implement.

Comment

we should Tax ppl according to BMI
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X