Women Always Keep You Guessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Always Keep You Guessing

Just got off the phone with a very old friend of mine. We used to be boyfriend and girlfriend a few years ago. All I can remember is how I used to try and try to help her through her problems and no matter how much I tried she would always just end up causing me grief and heartache. There were moments though when everything went right when she really shinned through. Those were the times when I knew why I put up with her up and down emotional rides. We went our separate ways and we both ended up getting engaged with different people. Eventually she dumped her fiance when she realized what a ****ing jerk he really was. Everyone knows what happened to my finace.

Tonight though it was like I was talking to a different person. Someone who had went out and got into counciling and actually took solid steps to improving her life. She reminded me of the person that I loved very much all those years ago. We made plans to see each other again over the Independence Day holiday. Life is strange sometimes. The ups and downs that you go through to find yourself back on a familiar road. I guess all those years ago I thought it was my job to save her and make her happy. What she really needed was to learn how to make herself happy first. All those times that I thought she had a problem and now I find myself learning a thing or two about learning to find a way to love yourself. I haven't done that for the past year. Maybe this old flame is enough to start a fire back in my heart.

You seen youngsters, you are never too old to learn something.

And when it comes to women, you will never learn it all...
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Actually, I don't know what happened to your fiancée. I can hazard a guess though...

My psychology textbook defines love as being the state in which people transform eachother, to put it succinctly. What that says to me is that the person you should be with should be the person who brings out the best in you, and vice-versa. Those are my thoughts.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

She once told me that I reminded her of all the things she should be doing but for one reason or another could seem to do. Tonight, she told me she knew something about me was odd since I was the only guy that she could remain friends with after breaking up. Anyway, whatever happens between us is a side issue. I'm just happy to know that she is doing so well. Sure there are problems just like any other person. But the difference is that now she is dealing with them head on and taking practical steps to solve them. Something that I quit doing after Becky died. Something that now I need to start doing again...
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

heh, we've all got things to do. we've all got smaller things to do first though. therein lies the problem. mass media is my hobgoblin.
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Well said monolith.

Congratulations Sprayber

I hope it works out for you two.

For all you young Players in Training out there, never take it upon yourself to try and "fix" somebody. If you're in love with a fixerupper then you have to realize she's the only one that can fix herself.

AND STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP SPAYBER!!!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hopefully, people eventually come to a point in their lives and ask themselves, why am I putting myself through all this? One they realize what the core problem is, usually everything else falls into place.

You're a good person, Spray. I hope whatever happens makes you happy.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

congrats. i hope it works out.

i myself am in a similar situation~ except i'm the unhappy one. she and i split in part because i need time to sort things out, and because our long-distance relationship was getting rather difficult to maintain. we're still friends, and i can only hope that we have the same luck you seem to be having.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                Well said monolith.

Congratulations Sprayber

I hope it works out for you two.

For all you young Players in Training out there, never take it upon yourself to try and "fix" somebody. If you're in love with a fixerupper then you have to realize she's the only one that can fix herself.

And don't get obsessed over one girl before she is obsessed about you..
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

I've pretty much stopped that. There are times when I saw her kids or heard from her friend about them that I would ask myself if I could have done something or somehow changed things. There will always be a little bit of that I think. But we all have those I guess..

Comment

Women Always Keep You Guessing
                    For some reason, they dont do that to me. I had an overnight orientation session at the new college that I'm going to. I could tell right away that this one girl was interested with me. Then on the way home on the plane I saw another girl who was in the same group as me. We didn't say a word at all during the entire two days to each other, and when I walked by where she was siting and we both locked into eye contact, she broke into this big smile and said "hey hows it going' and of course I was cool to the last, smiling back and saying 'wassup (insert name here)' and proceded to sit two rows behind her.
                    There was no question what she wanted.

What can I say you guys, I'm a pimp.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

"And don't get obsessed over one girl before she is obsessed about you.."

What the hell happened to you Boddington? Did you go to the mountain and learn the secrets of the ancients or something? I've never seen that better put. However, sometimes impossible to follow.

Regarding women, when I was a kid my parents got me a little bumper car type thing. A little car that zoomed along until it bumped into something, then turned and zoomed off in some other random direction. Great training for the future.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                      X