No announcement yet.

My letter to NBC concerning Vector/Cutco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont doubt the product is quality. that isnt the point that im contending.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's also in demand.

The point I'm contending is that they provide a good product and an opportunity. It's up to you to make something of that opportunity.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        so che, if what they do is fair and legit why do the force sellers to buy the product? surely in other sales positions this is not a requisite for selling the product. its not legitimate to require salespersons to buy the product. imagine a society where everyone has to buy they products they sell...

the only reason why cutco stays in business is because they sell a dream, that a small minority achieve, and then sell large amounts to "salespersons" that will never achieve that.

its a misrepresentation of reality.
        And this makes it different from other companies how?

Actually, quite a few companies require their sales staff to purchase their product. For example, if you work in certain clothing stores, you are required to wear their products. You get a discount to buy the clothes, but you must buy their clothes.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You do not make money from people joining.
          Actually, chegitz... you do get a percentage of the sales of whoever you bring into the company...

but so now after I quit and ask NBC10 to do an expose, you people start telling me the company is great? what the hell?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, they are telling you the knives are great.

Comment

JohnT:

Alright. i already knew that. it's weird how they don't scam the customers but grossly mislead their employees
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

MRT trying to make che defend the system.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Counter revolutionaries must be purged
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sorry AS, but I didn't read any of this until about five minutes before my first post in this thread. I would have spoken up sooner had I noticed it.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                      JohnT:

Alright. i already knew that. it's weird how they don't scam the customers but grossly mislead their employees
                      and thats the thing that matters most when youre thinking about being employed by a company.

Comment

so che, if what they do is fair and legit why do the force sellers to buy the product? surely in other sales positions this is not a requisite for selling the product. its not legitimate to require salespersons to buy the product. imagine a society where everyone has to buy they products they sell...
                        Sellers aren't forced to buy, because.... nobody is forced to be a seller.

the only reason why cutco stays in business is because they sell a dream, that a small minority achieve, and then sell large amounts to "salespersons" that will never achieve that.
                        Their sales figures say otherwise - if they're doing 250 million a year, they'd have to have close to a quarter million on up to a million sales force (each year).

The SCAmway cult is another story - among a myriad of greaseball practices, they harp on "negative products" (i.e. other brands of anything SCAmway makes, no matter how much quality or feature difference). Since SCAmway makes primarily consumable products (unlike Cutco), they push their distributors to constantly by SCAmway products all the time to replace their use of these so-called "negative products."

A big portion of the early cult-push on new members is harping about how keeping these "negative products" around subverts your "success," since you obviously can't believe in the product line if you don't use it. So "THROW 'EM OUT" blahblahblah.

Further up the cult, the SCAmway line is to tell midlevel distributors they can become "direct" distributors (the beginning of the major league pyramid) by simply enforcing the cult message about "negative products" and convincing their MLM downline to buy X amount of products per month.

That's a markedly different approach from what Cutco is doing with one-off sales of demonstrator sets.

its a misrepresentation of reality.
                        It's taking liberties with reality and skirting fraud laws, but to actually skirt the fraud laws, there has to be fine print and disclaimers in there. If people were taught common sense in schools, they'd be a lot better equipped to see BS for what it is, and not get roped in on pie-in-the-sky promises on commission marketing jobs.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

i think they are lying about their sales. and they are an unethical company.

Comment

i think they are lying about their sales. and they are an unethical company.
                            It's a division of Oneida cutlery, which is owned by Alcoa, IIRC.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chegitz:

Actually, the sites that Boris put up on the other thread show clearly that Vector/Cutco/Alcas broke away from Alcoa decades ago and are no longer associated with Alcoa.

Comment

Alcas, Alcoa, it's been 13 years. Like I'm gonna remember names all that well.

Comment

Working...
                                X