My letter to NBC concerning Vector/Cutco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski

I had never heard of Cutco until AS brought them up. Of course, I wouldn't fall for it either.

ACK!
    I'd never heard of that specific company either, but selling "High-quality" knives is almost a cliche in terms of scams...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's certainly worth a try. Not sure if NBC will do the expose, but still.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Victor:

if they don't get back to me, i'll contact local Fox News which is the other station here in philly that is known for exposes
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well done Albert, sounds good.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

this just gets better and better...

btw, i've got some prime arizona beach front property for sale albert, interested?
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Monkspider:

you never did say exctly what happened when you worked there?

Cockney:

there's a beach in Arizona?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

the above is probably the reason you fell for this in the first place
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I sold Cutco for a while. Good knives.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I still have my demonstration kit. Best set of knives I've ever come across. I once house sat at a place that had a set of old Cutco knives that still had the petrified wood handles. Over twenty years old, and still sharp as hell.

The whole point in buying the knives is so that you can honestly say that you own the knives if a customer asks. After all, would you buy a product from someone who didn't own it?

IF you know the right people, you can make some serious money selling CutCo. You don't sell door to door. You sell to people you know (which cuts you out, Speer). If they're impressed by the product, they give you names of people they think might want knives. If you don't know newly married couples, it's unlikely you'll make any money. One kid I worked with would hang around knife shops and compare his knives with the stuff they were selling and steal customers.

At some point, I'm gonna buy more knives, but the ones I have (except for the one that got nabbed by the police) are my most prized kitchen posessions. I would give up everything else I own in the kitchen before I gave up those knives. They are that good.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Last thing I'd want is a creepy looking guy like Speer showing up at my place with a set of weapons so sharp they can slice you up and not even feel it. I do not use these knives barefoot, since I want to keep all my toes (in case I drop a knife).

God, I love these knives.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

im really surprised to see mad monk supporting cutco. where as che doesnt surprise me in the least.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Why? They're a good product, and they're American made. You set your own hours, work by your own ethic. Your success or failure is entirely your own.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

when are you gonna be taken away for deprogramming mad monk?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Those of us who worked with the knives, stand by the knives. Granted, if you're not a self-starter, born salesman, and don't know anyone, all that's gonna happen is you're gonna plunk down some money on a great set of knives.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                                when are you gonna be taken away for deprogramming mad monk?
                                I "worked" for Cutco in 1990. At the time, I was in a real cult, the Spark. Since that time I have become quite knowledgable about cults and multilevel marketing cults. Cutco is neither. Unlike cults and MLMs, you do not recruit people to Cutco. You do not make money from people joining. You only make money from selling.

Comment

Working...
                                X