No announcement yet.

HELP VESAYEN pass his math final tommorow!! If I do bad, I dont get to college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP VESAYEN pass his math final tommorow!! If I do bad, I dont get to college

If I do bad on this exam, I will be unaccepted to the prestigious college I was accepted to..

Studying like mad all day..... a FEW things I jut cant get though! Not in my notes, cant find it on google....... I've called my math teachers house 3 times today LOL! Cant get in touch with him..... I'll be frank-this is the SMARTEST board I ever post on, so im sure SOMEONE here knows at least some of these:

I am having trouble with some things on a ti-83+ calculator. All my notes are notes about MATH: NOT what buttons to hit...

How do I do a scatterplot on it, how do I do a standard deviation, and how do I do a line regression???? Is graphing an exponential anything special, or just graph it(I suspect-proboably a stupid question)

I fiddled for over an hour CANT figure out any of the 3 of these!

Gaps in my notes on a few other things..... You have two variables and several numbers added toghether..... I forgot what its called, but it uses fibonachi's number.... how the heck do I do that? A typical question will give the number, then ask what the "fifth"(example) term will be.

Edit: One thing to add...... there are these problems "f of x"-if you've graduated highschool math you know what im talking about. It has these inane circle things where the sign would be. What are those called, so I can try to look up info on them..... more importantly, do you go right to left when you do those, or left to right like normal?
    Last edited by Vesayen; June 19, 2003, 22:00.

Comprehensive encyclopedia of mathematics with 13,000 detailed entries. Continually updated, extensively illustrated, and with interactive examples.

If its still up, it helped me a lot with maths when I had a death wish and actually studied it...
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

ROAR! I knocked down the line regression thing and standard deviation from someone PM'ingme....... now I just need to worry about the fibonachi's # thing, and those stupid circles......

Comment

I misnamed it...its not fibonachi's # it involves this wierd # pyramid this french guy came up with(he also envisioned the first calculator)

it starts like this:

------1-1
        -----1-2-1
        ----1-3-3-1
        ---1-4-6-4-1
        1-5-10-10-5-1

Also about the circle thing.......

its not circles..... gah how do I explain this?

they do something like this:

f(x)= 2b o 5c o 4j(pretend the o's are smaller)

then it has under it something like...

f(j)=5*15(more complicated, but same kinda thing)

f(c)=j*4

f(b)=c*10/15

Your supposed to take the result of each mini little equation and plug it into the next one... but the order of it SOMEHOW(dont remember how-DOAH!) is different... I dont think you go left to right like normal, do you got right to left, or some other way?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
          I misnamed it...its not fibonachi's # it involves this wierd # pyramid this french guy came up with(he also envisioned the first calculator)
          That's Pascal's triangle. It's for the expansion of (a+b)x. The top line is when x=0, second line when x=1, etc.

f(c)=j*4

f(b)=c*10/15

Your supposed to take the result of each mini little equation and plug it into the next one... but the order of it SOMEHOW(dont remember how-DOAH!) is different... I dont think you go left to right like normal, do you got right to left, or some other way?
          Stop panicking and try to explain yourself. Hold on, are you talking about parametic equations?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            That's Pascal's triangle. It's for the expansion of (a+b)x. The top line is when x=0, second line when x=1, etc.
            You ruined my chance to be a know it all net-rat.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Well, if I had known that you were coming along to answer his question, I'd refrain from answering it.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

f(c)=j*4

f(b)=c*10/15

This is composition of functions. I can't explain it but I'll use this as an example.
                f(x)=2b(5c(4j))
                j=75 4j=300
                300*4=1200 c=1200
                1200*10/15=800 b=800
                2*800=1600
                f(x)=1600
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

he means composition of function
                  but they would use different variables for functions
                  best example is this
                  f(x)=x+2
                  g(x)=2x
                  so then f(2) =4
                  g(2)=4
                  f o g (2)= f(g(2))=f(4)=6
                  g o f (2) = g(f(2))=g(4)=8
                  so you go from right to left
                  the memory trick is just to let ths o's disappear and glue them with parentheses like above
                  hope this helps

Comment

about the triangle (Pascal's triangle)
                    you get a number by adding the top 2 above it.
                    Explictly the ith number in the jth row is calculated as
                    i nCr j which is (j)!/((i)!(j-i)!) (if you know factorials)
                    dont forget to count 0...
                    so to get that 10, its in the 5th row (starting to count at 0) and is the second one (starting at 0 again) so 2 nCr 5 which is 5!/2!3!= 120/2*6=10

Comment

Originally posted by LulThyme
                      he means composition of function
                      but they would use different variables for functions
                      best example is this
                      f(x)=x+2
                      g(x)=2x
                      so then f(2) =4
                      g(2)=4
                      f o g (2)= f(g(2))=f(4)=6
                      g o f (2) = g(f(2))=g(4)=8
                      so you go from right to left
                      the memory trick is just to let ths o's disappear and glue them with parentheses like above
                      hope this helps
                      I like the second form (the inside out) better.

Comment

Just wack off once. You'll be more relaxed after and do fine.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

my sisters taking the same test

i studied with her for 4 hours today.

good luck to you both.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If I do bad? Lucky it isn't an English test.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I got like 98% in my math final. Thanks for the applause.

Comment

Working...
                              X