Italian Minister wants to sink the immigrants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Minister wants to sink the immigrants

Latest news, business, sport, comment, lifestyle and culture from the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph newspapers and video from Telegraph TV.

The Italian navy should open fire with live ammunition on boats carrying illegal immigrants to the country, a senior minister said yesterday, commenting that he was "sick of them".

Umberto Bossi, minister for reform and leader of the xenophobic Northern League, told Corriere della Sera that he wanted to hear "the blast of cannon". He added: "After the second or third warning, bang! We open fire. What we need is a cannonade to knock out whoever might be there. Otherwise, we're never going to end this problem."

well after he realiesed that he was a bit too honest

Amid widespread protests, Mr Bossi issued a statement last night saying he had been misunderstood. "The interview published this morning . . . by no means reflects my thoughts, nor the sense of my replies in what was only a quick exchange of a few remarks," he said.

that guy has some serious problems, I am sure, to say something like this in public,
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Oops.

What a moron. send 'em back, that's all. but why sink them?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

we should do this, flat out.

we should open up Ellis Island, and set up others around the borders. Illegals should be detained and sent home, or shot, i dot care.

if you went to ellis island with A COLD, they held you or sent you back, now we have AIDS and SARS here, for christs sake, not to mention terrorism.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

As a good story that goes with this you should know how Italian fishermen fish in Croatian part of adriatic. They do it on purpose, stealing large quantities of fish and when intercepted by police they always try to run towards Italy. Sometimes, the police shoot them. One guy was killed that way by Slovenian police I think..

They protest against that, and look what they want to do to albanians.

I say we sink an Italian fishing boat for every refugee/emigree boat they sink

Comment

DP
          Last edited by Worthingtons; June 17, 2003, 20:33.
          Up The Millers

Comment

The Italians have the right idea. If immigrants break the law to enter a country then they need to be gunned down, whether it's with a cannon from a ship or a AK47 on the beach.

We should start to become a bit more like our good friends in Spain and Italy here in the UK.
            Last edited by Worthingtons; June 17, 2003, 20:34.
            Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Worthingtons
              The Italians have the right idea. If immigrants break the law to enter a country then they need to be gunned down, whether it's with a cannon from a ship or a AK47 on the beach.

We should start to become a bit more like our good friends in Spain and Italy here in the UK.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

British xenophobia is well known.

Comment

I didn't expect Uber to be as low as Worthingtons
                  Yeah yeah, shoot people who strive for better living conditions. I mean, they KNEW it was illegal, s they deserve death penalty without trial for sure...

By the same token, I suggest we order cops to shoot on sight on kids who steal apples. They know it is illegal, so they deserve to be shot down
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

that guy has some serious problems, I am sure, to say something like this in public,
                    This guy's with the Northern League, some doesn't even begin to describe the quantity of serious problems he has.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

i WAS having a Joke there Spiffer

Shooting immigrants is a bit daft i have to admit , didnt realise Italy had a problem tho...
                      Up The Millers

Comment

I suppose that is a good thing, because not even many conservatives can stomach this idea, which will reduce the support for the Northern League.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

edit: nevermind
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Austrian navy gave Italians a few kickings in the Adriatic too. Not that anyone needs to sink Italians ships, "Affondatore" (Unsinkable) was sunk by a storm ... ah, the good old days of the Monarchy ..

Comment

Why does the new Italian navy have glass bottom boats?

So they can see the old Italian navy.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X