Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monkspider's spirituality corner: Is there a hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkspider's spirituality corner: Is there a hell?

A certain famous Poly user PM'ed me with my thoughts on this matter, and I would have responded via PM, but the lazy bum's inbox was full, so I thought it would be just as well to create a thread on the subject. If he would like to reveal his identity to everyone, that is fine, if not, then it is no biggie either.

I responded to his PM with this:

Hi Mr. X, Sure, I believe in a hell. Probably not the one you are thinking of though, that is the hell of eternal fire and torment and the whole bit.
    The hell I was referring to is the hell of being too ashamed to face your creator, being too ashamed to look at what you did in this life. This hell is not eternal by any means, but without question the absolute least pleasent state of existence that we can experience. I know you probably disagree, and that' s cool. I just think you will be pleasently surprised to find that God is a much nicer guy than some people make him out to be.

Thanks for the correspondance,
    Dustin (monkspider)

So in short, there actually is no lake of fire, no gnashing of teeth, etc. God could never do such a thing if, it's absolutely beyond his character God is absolute, unconditional love, and that means loving us all for what we are, warts and all. If you still have any doubts, consider this, if you were God, would you send anyone, much less, large percentages of Earth's population, to suffer eternally? Certainly, I would not, and God is a much nicer guy than me.

Anyway, I know a lot of you probably still disagree, and hey, no worries. But if the original Polyer who PM'ed me or if anyone else had any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Re: Monkspider's spirituality corner: Is there a hell?

No. There is no hell.

We all go through a cycle......Once we become good enough, the cycle ends and we ascend.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

We all go through a cycle......Once we become good enough, the cycle ends and we ascend.

But id we don't know what the qualifications are, how are we supposed to improve?
      We just start over in the hope that some life we get it right by accident.
      That's like saying someone is a good gambler because he won the lotery.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        But id we don't know what the qualifications are, how are we supposed to improve?
        We know what the qualifications are. One must be a good person. We find this out through the spiritual journey.

Comment

I hope there is no hell. because I'm most certainly heading in that direction

Comment

We know what the qualifications are. One must be a good person.

But just what makes a good person?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
              We know what the qualifications are. One must be a good person.

But just what makes a good person?
              Love.

The answers are all within Alva. You must only learn to seek them.

Comment

I hope there is no hell. because I'm most certainly heading in that direction

That's the beaty of catholisism, all you have to do a second before you die is repent and all is well.
                However, live a perfect life, swear and a second later a car runs you over and it's hell for you dude.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider

Comment

Have you ever been to Los Angeles? If so, I think you'll find Hell to be somewhat superfluous.

The answers are all within Alva.
                    Well no wonder I couldn't find them! I wasn't looking within Alva!
                    "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Giant_Squid
                        Have you ever been to Los Angeles? If so, I think you'll find Hell to be somewhat superfluous.

Well no wonder I couldn't find them! I wasn't looking within Alva!

Well, I guess that was an instance where a comma would have been useful.

Comment

Love.

So someone who loves killing is a good person?
                          -
                          BTW: Tass said originally 'good enough', that implies being good at something, does it not? So I'll rephrase.
                          Good at what?

Comment

Anyway, to go a little bit more in depth on Alva's question, there are no exact guidelines which dictate what a good person is. For example, you do not have to help old ladies cross the street, buy girl scout cookies, and save an orphanage to be a good person. There is no real exact recipe, only a a rough guideline, and that is to let love guide your actions.

Anyway, we are all good people at heart, it's just that a lot of us have become too caught up in this whole silly human buisness and become distracted a little bit.

Comment

Yes.

It's called Mingapulco

Comment

Working...
                              X