The Wonderful Present Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wonderful Present Days

I am glad that polio, for the most part, is a thing of the past.

I am glad that I have never had to scale cliffs, dig snow tunnels, or swim through floods to get to school.

I am happy that racial segregation is no longer legally sanctioned.

I am grateful that franchisement knows no difference between races.

I am grateful that increasing number of homosexuals can affirm who they really are.

I am glad that young adults and teenagers know how to have safe sex to prevent STDs and unwated pregnancies.

I appreciate the fact that women are less likely to be kept in an inferior, submissive strata of society.

I appreciate the fact that people have many more convenient ways to keep in regular contact with family and friends from around the world.

It's great that we have much more knowledge of individual psychology, and sociological behaviors to understand how society's problems can be approached, and how individuals can learn to live better lives.

It's great that we have a greater environmental awareness than we did 40 years ago.

Ah, the great days of the present -- kiss the yesteryears good-bye.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I'm glad that Communism collapsed and has been relegated to the assheap of history.

And yes, I purposely misspelled it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      I'm glad that Communism collapsed and has been relegated to the assheap of history.

And yes, I purposely misspelled it.

Comment

I'm angry that drug use is far more common...

I'm angry that divorces outnumber marriages...

I'm angry that children don't have fathers...

I'm angry that 10 million black babies have been slaughtered...

I'm angry that millions of babies period have been slaughtered...

I'm angry that teenage girls are getting pregnant left and right...

I'm angry that children's parents are drug addicts...

**** the present days
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer

**** the present days
          Take your Tylenol, man.

Comment

Depends upon what drugs you are talking about. Smoking is down... way down. Though I will admit I have NO idea about alcohol usage.

Not true.

Always been the case, Albert, regardless of the period of history you are talking about.

Uh, is this an abortion comment?

This is.

Teenage girls have been getting pregnant all throughout history, Albert.

Same as above regarding "throughout history."

Comment

Im glad that things are always gonna be the same.

As ****ed up as ever.
              :-p

Comment

Depends upon what drugs you are talking about. Smoking is down... way down. Though I will admit I have NO idea about alcohol usage.
                weed, heroine, crack, acid, angel dust, etc. etc. ... i'll give crack credit because it's usage has dropped since the 80's but it's still more than it should be.

Not true.
                bah you knew what i meant... the divorce rate is ridiculously high now.

Always been the case, Albert, regardless of the period of history you are talking about.
                nah doubt it... or at least **** is several times worse than it was before.

thanks
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm glad that modern technology gives me the power to ignore Albert Speer.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

good... now i can secretly say how much i love monolith and he will never no... let it be our little secret, me and the rest of apolyon... but when i first saw that picture of monolith without his glasses on, i knew that i saw the man i was going to spend the rest of my life with... he is a god who i love with all my heart...

Comment

Actually Albert, the big difference isn't human nature but our ability to gather and collate statistics, and then spread the information to every household.

In other words, a lot of problems are not so much worse as they are understood.

Comment

thanks to poor addiction support services and poverty
                        most are chronic divorces
                        you should promote the use of contraceptives
                        me too, sh1t happens
                        I hope this isn't an abortion troll... if it is, I'm glad there aren't 40 million (or whatever the estimated # of abortions are) unwanted children running around...
                        teenage pregnancy is at its lowest level in like 25 years
                        again, see above... this is also related to contraception and abortion
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Albert - I never put you on ignore, I was just glorifying the fact that I could...

I've never put anyone on ignore. Well, markG, but he's an exception.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

I am glad that polio, for the most part, is a thing of the past.

i'm not. polio builds character, which we have too little of these days.

I am glad that I have never had to scale cliffs, dig snow tunnels, or swim through floods to get to school.

i'm not. no pain, no gain. doing this builds character, which we desperately need to fix our soft children.

I am happy that racial segregation is no longer legally sanctioned.

i'm not. those damned asians are now snapping up all of the good colleges.

I am grateful that franchisement knows no difference between races.

i'm not. all those dairy queen franchises are run by indians.

I am grateful that increasing number of homosexuals can affirm who they really are.

i'm not. as the great jerry falwell said, they, along with feminists and foreigners are the ones responsible for god smiting those 3000 sinners.

I am glad that young adults and teenagers know how to have safe sex to prevent STDs and unwated pregnancies.

i'm not. stds are god's way of punishing sluts and whores.

I appreciate the fact that women are less likely to be kept in an inferior, submissive strata of society.

i'm not. see the comment right before the last one.

I appreciate the fact that people have many more convenient ways to keep in regular contact with family and friends from around the world.

i'm not. there's a reason why people move away from home.

It's great that we have much more knowledge of individual psychology, and sociological behaviors to understand how society's problems can be approached, and how individuals can learn to live better lives.

i'm not. it's a cop-out. it's your damn fault, whatever it is, and you just need the will to grin and bear it.

It's great that we have a greater environmental awareness than we did 40 years ago.

i'm not. it's because of those damned hippie green-smoking greens that i run a quiet, non-knocking leaded gas car.

down with the present! let's go back to the good old days!

actually, i'm just kidding about everything. well, maybe except for 8.
                            B♭3

Comment

/edit: note to self ... read replies before posting.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X