No announcement yet.

Chips and Salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like tortilla chips and salsa. We don't have a big assortiment of salsa's here, though, so I just have to settle with Maggi's. I use chips imported from America (they just can't make good chips here), but in the last time I didn't have the right appetite for this food. Perhaps now again, as it is hot out there and those chips are delicious with a cool beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Roland, do Austrians normally not go for spicy foods? Turkish food, IIRC, has some spice in it. Is it making any inroads?
      Typical spicy foods are usually in a toned-down version here. Turkish food is mostly the typical Kebab, although that comes in many variants. The most brutal thing I've ever eaten was a spiced-up version of a Pizza Diaboli... I don't quite see the point, apart from ruining your tastebuds...

I suppose the Pakistani kitchen is as "hot" as the mexican one?
      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Mmmm... chips salsa and beer .

I suppose the Pakistani kitchen is as "hot" as the mexican one?

Similar... but Pakistan/India doesn't have habeneros .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The most spicy thing I ever ate was a habanero pepper whole.... I did it for five dollars too...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

i love, lovelovelove salsa. i like the more liquidy type salsa rather than chunky ass salsa though. really though i like mixing taco hot sauce and salsa together...
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I did it for five dollars too...

whore.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I did it for five dollars too...

whore.
                Hey that was my best friend who asked me to eat a habanero.. not some sexual favor.. You are dirty in the mind, imran.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Mmm...Pizza Scaldo from the Snooker Club...
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Salsa. NOW you're talking!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Have you ever tried their 'cue sauces? How would you rate 'em, if you have?
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Yeah, Slow, give us the skinny... I need a fine BBQ sauce .

Comment

imran, dont you have ribshacks that you can rely on?
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I haven't. What I need to do is get some ribs and/or this hot as hell garlic sausage sent to you from Smokey John's here in Dallas.
                            Best que anywhere.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

imran, dont you have ribshacks that you can rely on?

I'm sorry that I don't have the money to eat out every day .

Comment

be like me then, work as a busboy

Comment

Working...
                                X