is michael savage for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is michael savage for real?

well, to be honest, i've never heard him on the radio. i'd like confirmation, however, to the allegation that he calls asians "little soy-eaters"...

i'd also like to know what people think of him, because at the moment i'm holding quite a dim view of him, as far as pundits go: savage < coulter < o'reilly < the 14 yr old kid < hannity...

one, since on his dynamic truth site, he claims that there is media bias, linking to an article claiming that the us was preparing to use gas against the iraqis--while not mentioning that such a source was arabic, not western, in origin;
    two, his paul revere society seems to have such a xenophobic lean to it... which is not good for someone like me, who is very obviously not black and not white;
    three, what i've read of his texts contain so much vitriol that it's hard to believe he doesn't hate gays, feminists, and liberals (he goes so far as to say that liberalism is a mental disorder...).

is there an explanation to this? or is he some radical freak? any thoughts on how/why he's popular?
    B♭3

Frankly I think Michael Yenta is a big faker.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You can see him on MSNBC weekends

Comment

don't have cable at home, which crimps my ability to watch him.

i found out about radio station in atlanta that broadcasts him, i believe, so i might listen to him there. not in atlanta yet, though.
        B♭3

Comment

WABC in New York does a webcast, but I'm not sure if it covers The Salvage Nation. If it does, it's on 19:00-21:00, EST.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Re: is michael savage for real?

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            well, to be honest, i've never heard him on the radio. i'd like confirmation, however, to the allegation that he calls asians "little soy-eaters"...
            This is about par for the course. I listened to him tonight for about half an hour and he was advocating flat out genocide against the Palestinians.

He's actually a pretty interesting radio guy when he's toned down, but lately he's adandoned any facade of civility.
            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

You do know that what you americans call "Wrestling" is fake, right?

Or is that "Randy..."

Um.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I used to like Macho Man Randy Savage. He made me laugh.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Michael Weiner (he uses "Savage," although "Weiner Nation" seems more appropriate) is a total scumbag.

He refers to "Turd World nations." He's a homophobe. He has said that most women prefer being controlled and manipulated. I've heard him ridicule the accents of callers who aren't native speakers of English. Many of his statements can reasonably be construed as incitements to violence against immigrants (or anybody else, for that matter).

As I said, a scumbag.
                  "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

if that's the case, what accounts for his apparent popularity? i have a hard time believing that someone so vile could possibly have gained a following in urban centers...
                    B♭3

Comment

This guy is hilarious, one of the funniest guys on the radio today.

But sadly even the great ones grow stale when they use the act over and over.

And I do believe his show is an act.

How can someone who got a PHD from Berkeley be a conservative.

I think he's the greatest troll ever.

Comment

I thought you were asking about Dan Savage (from Savage Love on the Onions AV club).

Not quite the same character, I gather...
                        Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

It's not really hate, it's more hyperbole. I admit that I like to listen in because when he goes over the top, he can be funny.

Diss:

He's a botanist, IIRC, and he doesn't try to misconstrue his listeners (unlike Dr. Laura) into thinking he's something he's not.
                          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                          X